The University of Virginia's College at Wise Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.16 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.18 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.18 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities68 Graduates
Social Sciences61 Graduates
Biological and Physical Sciences38 Graduates
Computer Science14 Graduates
Management Sciences and Information Systems6 Graduates
Mathematics & Statistics6 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.20 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.24 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.12 responses
The University of Virginia's College at Wise Reviews
Hi everyone! I love the small campus of UVA-Wise! I can wake up late and still make it to my class on time. In addition, it is a beautiful campus, that is gorgeous in the fall! However, there is not much to do. It is in a small town that does not contain much so you'd have to go to Kingsport or Bristol to find the nice restaurants and shopping. We have some fast food and lots of hiking if you are into outdoor stuff. There are also lots of fun things to do on campus, and many trips that you can take with the student activities board!
I am from Wise, Virginia; and being at UVA-Wise makes me feel like I'm home but not at the same time. It is diverse and just all around a great school. I just starting nursing school at UVA-Wise and I am learning a lot of information, I fee like my education has been above average, and I am very thankful for the opportunities I have been given. It is difficult to be a college student while trying to work at the same time, that is why I am trying to apply for some scholarships to help pay for nursing school.
I'm so glad I transferred in to UVA Wise. The school has amazing programs, and everyone is so nice and friendly!