The University of Alabama is ...
NCAA Division I-FBS
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.218 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.241 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.240 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management474 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering273 Graduates
Management Sciences and Information Systems265 Graduates
Public Relations264 Graduates
Physical Education Teaching and Coaching206 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 192 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is pretty big.356 responses
- of students say almost everything on campus revolved around sports.406 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.164 responses
The University of Alabama Reviews
I have absolutely fallen in LOVE with UA! The faculty and staff that I've come to know and interact with are all welcoming, inclusive, and genuinely care about helping each of their students succeed. There are lots of great study spaces around campus and there's always something to get involved in. I wish there was more ethnic diversity on campus and in the city of Tuscaloosa as a whole, but the school is composed of over 50% of its undergraduate students from states other than Alabama. This makes for a very unique undergraduate experience, and I never seem to run out of new people to meet or places to hear about! My biggest complaint about the University is the lack of transportation for going off campus. During my freshman year, I did not have access to a car so I couldn't get groceries, go to the town center, or really do anything off campus. It became very easy to feel stuck/get into a rut, and the amount of public transportation from campus to the rest of Tuscaloosa is limited.
I love Alabama's active student life, an array of majors, school spirit, and greek life options! I feel safe on campus, have helpful and knowledgeable professors. Game day at the University of Alabama is unlike any other school. Pom poms shake throughout Bryant Denny Stadium and each spectator is completely invested in Alabama's sports teams. Moving 18 hours away from home was extremely nerve-racking but Alabama could not feel more like home. The amount of scholarship offered to out-of-state students is amazing and helps combat the high cost.
The University of Alabama is an amazing school. The professors were extremely professional and so enthusiastic about teaching. I could not recommend a better college to anyone. The environment is clean and the school really makes you feel as though you are part of a really large family. There are always events going on to meet new people and form connections. As long as you are willing to put in the effort, your professors will really work with you as best as they can. I wish there was a ten star rating I could click five times. Find a way to become a part of this school. I promise you will not regret it. Roll tide!