The Salter School of Nursing & Allied Health Reviews

Surgical tech program student - was told there were no other sites available for externship and then forced to wait while other classes filled the spots. I was unable to complete the program because they filled all their externships until the discontinued offering the course all together. Had a 3.7 GPA and now I'm left with a heap of student loans for no reason. I would find a different school if you're looking for a reputable school. Also, they are nationally accredited which means your credits will not transfer ANYWHERE.
Standard online courses. You get what you put in
I had to write a letter to request my credits to be transferred and had to wait for an approval. But everything worked out just fine.
Start Your Review of The Salter School of Nursing & Allied Health
Working on my own plan to further my career. Everyone has been easy to talk to and tries their best to answer my questions.
Again, I needed to advance my career, fast. The payment options make this possible. You have to do what you have to do to get ahead and this school made it possible. I believe that tuition needs to be decreased though.
The cost of this school is crazy expensive but I'm able to make payments. This school offered me the possibility to advance my career and for that I am grateful. Everyone is friendly and amiable.
Take ownership of your education. Find study groups, speak to professors, find ways to make the information stick. Don't blame others for your flounders.
You can't expect to not put in the work for your education or expect your professors to read your mind. Take ownership of your education and do what it takes to succeed. If that means speaking with professors or getting tutoring do it.
ONLY ONE PROFESSOR IS GOOD AT THIS SCHOOL THE REST ARE SUB PAR, IF THIS SCHOOL IS ON YOUR LIST OF SCHOOL PLEASE FIND A DIFFERENT SCHOOL IMMEDIATELY!!!!!
TERRIBLE SCHOOL NO ORGANIZATION, IF YOU HAVE THIS SCHOOL ON YOUR LIST OF SCHOOLS TAKE IT OFF IMMEDIATELY!!!!
WORST SCHOOL EVER IF THIS IS ONE OF YOUR PICKS TO GO TO SCHOOL DROP IT OFF YOUR LIST NOW, YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!!
Very unorganized, they lie to you to get you to enroll. Then the learning is sub par, if you want to teach yourself then this is the school you want. The teachers read from the books and at times seem like they don't know what they are talking about and second guess themselves. They tell you one thing then do another. If you flunk a class they set up another class to push you through and its nothing like the first class just a quick class so that they're pass rate looks higher than it is. If they know your doing bad they fudge grades so the person can pass. The Director of Nursing really has no clue what she is doing as well as the financial aid, the woman who sets up clinical is just as bad. THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY ABOUT THIS SCHOOL IS ITS THE WORST SCHOOL I HAVE EVER BEEN TO AND THE WORST EXPERIENCE A PERSON CAN HAVE. YOU ARE LIED TO ON A DAILY BASIS, YOU CANT GET FINANCIAL AID OR SCHOLARSHIPS AND YOU TEACH YOURSELF OR YOUR SCREWED. THIS IS THE LPN COURSE, BUT WORLD OF MOUTH IS ALL THE PROGRAMS ARE JUST AS DISORGANIZED, TEACHERS QUIT SO YOU GET A NEW ONE HALFWAY THROUGH A COURSE, THE PLACE IS A NIGHTMARE. DO NOT GO HERE IF YOU KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOU!! FIND SOMEPLACE ELSE!!!! COLLEGE FOR AN LPN IS 1/3 THE PRICE A YEAR AND A HALF AND YOU GET BREAKS, YOU DONT GET ANY BREAKS FOR THIS COURSE ITS ONE YEAR STRAIGHT THROUGH AND THE COLLEGES ARE ACCREDITED, THIS SCHOOL HAS 2 OPTIONS TO BRIDGE TO AN RN AND THATS IT...........ONE LAST THING...............FIND A DIFFERENT SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The school is accelerated but I would not choose to go there again because the cost is very expensive and things can be unorganized
i work friday and saturday and there are morning or evening classes to choose from. i chose morning so i get out at 230 and still have the night to finish my homework and hang out and i wont be driving in the dark. and i only have class monday through friday so it worked perfectly with my schedule
The job percentage right out of school is pretty high.
Most Admin People Are Useless, Teachers Are Great – Surgical Technology is a new program at this salter location, so most of us expected some bumps in the road. Those did not include being lied to by the admissions person, about the job placement rate (were told 98%, but she left out that was for another program) we were also told that the program was accredited, which they just recieved. The school isnt listed on most sites for scholarships, and isnt reconized by more then 2 student loan places so unless you have perfect credit dont be mistaken by thinking you can take out a loan to cover the costs that arent covered by federal funding or for other financial hardships. And the current Financial aid lady is about as helpful as the doorknob.

So with all the negative out, if that didnt scare you away haha the education seems great, teachers are supportive and understanding and seem to have a lot to share to keep you interested when the book work gets boring. they are all very excited to talk about how things are and want the students to succeed; and dont hesitate about weeding out the ones that shouldnt be there. The mock/real OR is great, we have just about everything we need to get a good hands on experience with instruments, equipment, supplies ect.

The Salter School in Manchester is great, as long as you understand the difficulties that may arise esp with financial aid and loans. and whatever you do, do not quit your job unless you think it is too much for you to do both. In my class alone, one has had to drop out because she quit her job and 3 of us are still on the fence hoping to be able to push thru the last couple of months
Network Is Good – 2 computer labs although since the hurricane this summer, some of the computers still dont have access to internet or wont print but they are working on that. wireless network is weak in and around labs