The Ohio State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.300 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.317 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.317 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 199 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.378 responses
- of students say almost everything on campus revolved around sports.491 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.211 responses
The Ohio State University Reviews
I have absolutely loved my time at Ohio State! When choosing a school my senior year of high school, I was very torn between OSU and another school. Ultimately, I knew Ohio State was the best fit for me, and it has way exceeded my expectations since arriving in August. The amount of school spirit everyone has is unlike anything I've ever experienced and everyone truly is just so happy to be a buckeye. The challenging coursework and excellent professors make Ohio State's academic experience one of a kind. My only complaint about my is experience is, my dorm is very old and lacks air conditioning and study spaces. But after the weather cools down it's not a problem! With alumni stretching to all ends of the Earth, I'm so thrilled to be part of the wonderful Ohio State community. Go bucks!
I loved most aspects of the university! We are lucky because we have both the college feel campus and the surrounding city, so there are tons of opportunities for internships or weekend activities. The food is awesome and the meal plans are like non other campus I had heard about and offer a variety of healthy choices! I wish they had more programs for international students to get acclimated better to the school. I had talked to some of my foreign friends and they said they didn't have much help.
Ohio State is not just a school but a community. It is a huge campus but it feels smaller than it is, I always see my friends and people I know as I walk to class. The campus is beautiful and green, there are historic buildings but also a lot of brand new beautiful dorms especially on the newly renovated north campus. everything is OVER THE TOP: sports, brand new facilities (4 gyms on campus and one incredible top recreation center ranked 4th in the nation), a beautiful student union, one of the largest and most beautiful college libraries in the country and more. Feels like a campus but has a trendy college area with art music and amazing food. Theres always something to do on high street or downtown because the city is a 5 min bus ride away. If you want school spirit and kids who are passionate about their university, go to Ohio State!