The New School is ...
Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.37 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.41 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.41 responses
Most Popular Majors
Fashion and Apparel Design381 Graduates
Graphic Design169 Graduates
Fine and Studio Arts Management133 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities126 Graduates
Fashion and Apparel Merchandising110 Graduates
Interior Design81 Graduates
Studio Arts68 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.43 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.46 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.20 responses
The New School Reviews
Coming to The New School was the best decision I made. My favorite part of this university is all the learning opportunities it brings. In class, the learning style is so different from anything I had ever seen because we are taught to learn from other people's experiences and by engaging in conversations. Here, we aspire to be very politically and socially aware of different issues going around the world. There are organizations directed to many communities and they are really welcoming. Outside the classroom, those organizations could potentially become your family. The great thing about The New School is that it is very respectful of individuality. If you are a very "on you own" person that is respected but if you love being with people and socializing all the time you can find your space too. Also, the facilities are great and it is all located in the heart of New York City making it an amazing campus.
The New School is everything I wanted it to be and more! The urban style campus located at the heart of where it all happens in the NYC gives you all the more reason to apply. There is never a dull day in the city, for there is something always happening around campus. From the experience's you'll have, to the people you'll meet, makes being a Narwhal at TNS worth considering to attend!
The New School has accessible, clean, and aesthetically pleasing facilities. What's more is that the school meets their pillars of sustainable design; They consider their social, economic, and environmental impact. Educationally, the professors are impressive, experienced, and helpful. A typical class size of 15 students in a conference-room setting propels intellectual discussions & collaborative efforts. The reason I refrained from a fifth star is because of the lack of sports teams, athletic activities, and student life. There's little noise from school clubs and, while I'm not one for parties, it seems students rarely engage on campus. The dorms aren't anything spectacular either.