The New England Conservatory of Music is ...
The New England Conservatory of Music Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that the workload is easy to manage.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review The New England Conservatory of Music
Undergrads Over 25
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
The New England Conservatory of Music Reviews
I am a current third year undergraduate student at NEC, majoring in classical vocal performance. The school has provided me with copious amounts of knowledge and has helped me grow as a person, musician, and performer. The program is aimed at shaping individuals into well rounded musicians. The outreach program allows students to make their way out into the community, and the environment at the school enables students to dabble into other musical interests outside of their selected majors. There are additional possibilities to minor in different subjects or create your own minor. If courses are not offered at the school, one may take desired courses at nearby universities. As a vocal student, I do wish there were more operatic opportunities, as most of the funding is offered to the graduate program. The new dorm and student life center is incredible and a major upgrade.
NEC offers various internship opportunities.
The rooms are considerably small.