The Culinary Institute of America Reviews

I like that it is all based around food, how qualified the chefs are and how everyone here shares a similar pasion
I enjoy working with the staff in the enrollment and admissions department. They were very encouraging and helpful. They answered all of my questions and were very patient with me.
This school is not run properly. The administration neglects to tell you important information before you get to campus. It's a horrible environment that's but for you not to succeed.
Start Your Review of The Culinary Institute of America
CIA grad, class of May 3rd 2013. This is hands down the best Culinary or Baking & Pastry school in the country, likely the world. Extremely challenging with a significant drop out rate prior to externship, as the practical skills tests are very difficult and meant to weed out those who are just there for fun.

Chef instructors second to none, wines program out of this world and campus is amazing.
I went to the Culinary Institute of American in San Antonio. I loved all of the Chef instructors, they were all extremely knowledgeable and willing to work with any student who may have needed extra help. Its more than learning about cooking, it is about the culture that goes along with cooking and the different cultures and traditions behind different foods and meals from all over the globe.
I love the Culinary institute, my professors make learning so much fun for myself and others I attend the school with. I am currently in the San Antonio campus. I think what the school can really work on is having more activities at this campus. The campus in New York has so much to do there and I think consistency within the campuses is well needed.
Best College for Culinary. Great Staff, Campus, Food, Education, Great History, Great View of the Hudson, Lots to learn from great chefs
Culinary Institute of America is a premier culinary school with an excellent campus and strong community that wishes to revolutionize food. The faculty are helpful and friendly. Though the area is quite desolate, it's only an 1 1/2 hour drive to New York City!
I attended the Greystone campus in the Napa Valley, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. It is an incredible feeling being with people who share the same passions and interests as you while being in the center of one of the greatest meccas in the world for that field.
I applied here to begin a degree in Baking and Pastry Arts, and was surprised at how fast my enrollment process went. When I was told about an opening a month later that came with a grant, everyone was helpful and so kind to get me enrolled and ready to start the semester as soon as I could. I have nothing but good comments about this institution.
I dont think anything at the Culinary Institute should change, everything is very good here! I love the passion that you see from the professors and chefs here, and their passion makes you want to work just as hard if not harder to reach your goals.
Culinary institute of America is a good school to go to. The campus is beautiful and the experience and training I am learning for my career is intense. I am learning a lot. I am using my skills on my externship in baking and pastry in a real business in Virginia. What I would like to see improved at this college would be an up grade on the dorms. The way they charge you for meal plans.
The school struggles over whether it is a 4 year college or a trade school. It portrays itself as having a rich social environment with clubs and activities. the truth is that clubs hardly meet and there is little to do on or near the campus. Not sure why clubs don't meet on the weekends when more students are available to participate. Dorms are typical and upperclassman space is very nice. Caliber of teaching in academic classes varies. Some instructors are solid. Others can't understand how to give an exam on material they cover in the course. Chefs vary from helpful to abusive, which was expected. Seek out Johnson and Wales for a more well-rounded education. Drexel University also has a culinary program.
I love being apart of The CIA. There have been plenty of opportunities for me to thrive and learn as much as I can about the culinary industry. My student life experience is continuously getting better, I have a fantastic time meeting people and connecting with foreign students! The CIA is a major benefactor of diversity, and it definitely shows. This school has always been my dream school, and I could not believe that I actually had the ability to pursue such an incredible education.
This school is a great opportunity for people wanting to further themselves in the food industry. Its a big commitment and one that is harder than normal college. The classes are a bit different, and the structure is different as well.
the culinary institute of America is a good school if you want to learn how to become a chef and learn everything that goes into running a business. the campus has nice scenery and is maintained well. also, the academics are pretty easy all around.
The Culinary Institute of America was a one of a kind experience. I only attended the school for 4 months, but I have learned so much about both cooking and life in general. The Culinary Institute of America staff and chefs teaches their students a lot about professionalism, life skills, and discipline, which are key components that will carry over to all aspects of life, not just in the classroom setting. Within the kitchens themselves I have learned a lot about the basics of cooking and the fundamental skills needed to work in a high production kitchen.
Start Your Review of The Culinary Institute of America
This is my first year and so far so good. It is a lot of work but if this is something that you want to do you will make it work. I love my classes and my new friends we do hang out after school and we also work together on our homework. So far I give this school two thumbs up !
I had a mind blowing experience at the CIA. My four years there were amazing from the Chef Instructors, to Professors to new food, cooking techniques and wine; amazing.
I feel the Culinary institute of America is a great school to learn and experience very valuable lessons for one to be successful in the culinary and hospitality industry.