The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art is ...
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.12 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.12 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.12 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.8 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.13 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.7 responses
Colleges like The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art
- A+Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- 4 Year
- Troy, NY
- 944 reviews
- BPratt Institute
- 4 Year
- Brooklyn, NY
- 736 reviews
- ARhode Island School of Design
- 4 Year
- Providence, RI
- 301 reviews
- B-Vaughn College of Aeronautics & Technology
- 4 Year
- Flushing, NY
- 253 reviews
The Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art Reviews
Cooper students are driven, eccentric, and independent. They have their own vision and aren't afraid to speak up. The community you forge stays with you forever. It's true that Cooper tests your sanity. Students are prone to more than one melt down—this is a given. But the wealth of knowledge, dialogue, and support that is exchanged and brought to its limits is invaluable. You will become a more critical and self-aware maker, designer, and thinker. You will learn to carve your own path and defend your ambitions. You will work so hard that everywhere elsewhere will feel like a breeze. The experience is vital.
I'm a freshman in the school of art and couldn't be happier with my choice to come here! It's definitely not a traditional college, but it was the perfect fit for me. So far Cooper and living in the city has been a life changing experience.
Overall, the school is very challenging. However, I learned/am still learning a lot academically and am becoming prepared for the professional world after college. Club activities are very helpful meeting everyone and everyone is encouraging.