The Community College of Baltimore County Reviews

1,096 reviews
It's a good college if you're motivated. The teachers I have had are nice and truly want you to succeed. Common sense goes a long way in your social life.
Great school! I have learned a lot and it is a great start as it is very affordable and an easy commute with a few locations.
to spread apart and needs some work on the look of the campus and the majors offered, there are slot of non-informative teachers that withhold information
Review The Community College of Baltimore County
Currently I attend the Owings Mills Campus of the Community College of Baltimore County. The college offers six campuses to attend through out Baltimore County, and a tremendous amount of on-line courses. They offer day, midday, evening and weekend classes which helps those with busy schedules or working adults as myself. The classes at the Owings Mills campus are conveniently located right next to the new parking garage that is also connected to the subway. This offers great flexibility for access to this campus. I will say that I enjoy this campus a lot, due to the fact that it is right next to new shops and eateries that are with in walking distance. I believe that for those who do not have a trust fund or a rich uncle, that attending community college and then transferring to a university, is a great return on your investment. Currently, students who graduate from CCBC, will have all of there credits honored when enrolling in a university with in Maryland.
The Community College of Baltimore County was the best decision ever for me. Financially, going to a two-year out of high school versus a 4-year is the best decision you should make if you don't have the funds for a 4-year.
I like that this school offers Associate's to Bachelor's programs. This program will allow me to get my Associate's degree and a job in my desired field while working towards my bachelors.
My experience at CCBC has been good. My professors have been very knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to helping me understand what is being taught. CCBC is more like a family then a school.
The Community College of Baltimore County us a very diverse campus. Most professors are accessible and they create a friendly environment. The class size depends on the subject, people are friendly, and the campus is somewhat clean.
CCBC is a cool community collge. They have multiple campuses for people in different parts of baltimore, so it's available for everybody. Som professor are cool some arent
Overall my experience at The Community College of Baltimore was very informative. I learned so much about college and how I should transition into having college level work and a colege level workload. My professors were hard on my class which made me realize that in college I'm not supposed to depend on my teachers to learn the course, I have to read the textbook and take good notes. There are a lot of resources from school to help guide you through your stay at CCBC.
CCBC offers a variety of majors to all students and prepares students very well for the real world and is very helpful with putting students on the right path towards their career.
I liked that I was able to earn credits early as a high school student. CCBC also payed for four classes for every high school student taking classes there. That was really nice and after that they pay for 50% of my tuition for each class I take. This has allowed to me to accumulate 29 credits while only paying about $2,000. The professors at CCBC were a little hit and miss, both of my English professors were terrible but my psychology and communications teachers were good. The one thing I don’t like is how the campus is so dead, it feels like no one actually wants to be there which makes the atmosphere bad.
CCBC is overall a great school with many locations and online classes to choose from. They streamlined the transfer process by working with other 4 year colleges to create class layouts to show you exactly which classes to take at CCBC to begin your journey to earning your bachelor's degree. As a full time working mom it's wonderful that my Federal Pell Grant covers the majority if not all of my tuition and books for spring and fall semesters; however, I have an issue with the Financial Aid Department in processing the required independent verification worksheet. It has taken almost a month for 1 worksheet to be reviewed after they confirmed receipt. Instead of my book credit being applied to the bookstore before my classes start, allowing me to purchase required books with my remaining Pell Grant funds, I have to pay out of pocket for books and wait for a check to be mailed to me weeks after classes start.
Everyone I met there was willing to help and show me my way around campus. The students there are always willin to learn something new or teach someone what they learned. And that's what I like about it.
I am really enjoying The Community College of Baltimore County as the campus is easy to maneuver around and can quickly get to my classes. As a plus the financial aide office and the scheduling counselors are helpful and friendly. I believe this was the best choice for me to start my college journey. I look forward to the other benefits I may experience over the next 2 years.
Community college of Baltimore is a great place to figure out your future and really plan ahead. There's so much help, all the faculty and staff is helpful. The advisors are great! There is so much diversity within the campus, it really makes you feel like a part of the small family.
Advisers should be more knowledgeable. I get different answers for the same question. Some advisers don't even know what are they talking about. Spoke to many advisers and always end up with different information. Which, I don't know which is correct.
Review The Community College of Baltimore County
My experience at the Community College of Baltimore County has been a wonderful one. I enjoyed the level of loyalty and commitment between the teachers and students. The teachers most especially were always willing to helped and make me understand course materials that were difficult to understand . Students life at the Community College is a plus based on the fact that, the faculty gives each and every student the opportunity to choose their place of interest, and work on improving their lives in places that are difficult . Moreover, I've realized that the Community College makes students to reach their maximum potential in terms of academic. They make you to work independently and at times work as team on real life project . I'll recommend the Community College of Baltimore County to any one who desires to return to school and improve their live.
Well I went to the extension center at Owings Mills for a year and a half and it was not bad. There's barely any food place there; the academic center people had bad attitudes, well most of them a few were nice. There are good teachers also that I really enjoyed. Overall my experience was not bad.
College is truly what you make of it. You have to put something in to get what you want. CCBC is a really good school if you try your best. They have plenty of majors and transfer programs. They have a honors program and international honor society. They have a program for low income students that offers free tutoring from professionals with degrees in their field. The school is for students who will take the initiative to succeed. You can't be lazy because if you are, your grades will suffer. No one is going to hold your hand at this school or baby you. It's the time for you to grow up and be an adult.