The Community College of Baltimore County Reviews

1,154 reviews
My experience at the community college of Baltimore county has been a memorable on so far, though it was rough most times but through dedication i really had and still having a lot of success stories
I love that the campus is kind of big . One thing I would like to see change is more cooperative financial aid helpers
This is my freshmen year and I'm enrolled to CCBC as a full-time student, but classes haven't yet started, meaning I didn't yet start my experience to give an honest comment or description about it. Still, based on short instances, I was able to rank five out of 12 topics considering the Community College of Baltimore County.
Start Your Review of The Community College of Baltimore County
Its a good school, it is affordable and a great way to jumpstart education. For those with disabilities, they offer tuition waiver for students with disabilities provided they bring proof of Maryland residency in Baltimore area and SSA benefit letter. Transfer options are good.
I love the times for the class because they can fix well. They are not too far apart or to close so it gives you time to get there and relax or study. Some classes I would need I would have to go to the main campus so it would be nice if some of the campuses near me can provide. Other than that I am having a good experience in this college as a Sophomore student.
The counselors were very understandable and patient. They made me feel like family and I was comfortable breaking down my issues with them to try and find a solution
I really enjoyed my time at The community College of Baltimore County. The faculty and staff were incredibly supportive throughout my time there. My Academic Advisors went above and beyond for me. I also really loved my Soccer coach and teammates.
The Community College of Baltimore County is the best college to meet people from different countries, join any club you want, have friendly and professional advisers, brilliant instructors, and writing center with flexible hours.
The Community College of Baltimore County has been an absolutely wonderful experience, and the professors have prepared me for my transfer to a 4 year university next fall.
I am CCBC proud.
I went to college right out of high school ( August of 2015 ) I was completely lost. My financial aid was all jacked up because of how they needed my parent information. So they told me I could continue to go to school. But I’m now stuck with this bill because financial aid didn’t cover everything. Now in 2018 I was thinking about going back because I actually like that school , but didn’t realize the out of county students fees and that’s why I had that bill. Now I’m working trying to save up to pay it off so I can go back and finish school in forensics.
This college staffing is terrible, I’ve had nothing but troubles with the staff that works in the office. Professors are really nice and understanding but the office staffing is bad.
CCBC is a very organized school and makes all information easy to access. The campus is always clean and theres ample parking. Teachers for the most part are always willing to help you achieve your education goals
I went back to school to get an additional degree. I work in the IT field and wanted an Accounting Degree as well since I support finance, accounting, payroll and commerce systems. CCBC was perfect for me. I was able to take evening and online classes to get my AAS in Accounting.
I already had my BS in Information Systems from Penn State before attending CCBC. I first attended here to get additional IT Certifications 2008-2009. I had no issue with transferring in and getting my Object Oriented Programming Certificate and taking non-credit IT classes as well that were offered evenings, weekends and online. They offered all the programming classes I needed to update my resume and get a job during the recession.
The community college of Baltimore county is a great school to help you find what you really want to do in life if you’re still unsure. There are different advisers that you can speak to that have different systems and ways that they’re able to use to help guide you on your journey. There isn’t any housing on campus, it is a community college so you’re expected to be there for at least two years but it would be cool if they did have it for people that are taking a little bit longer to complete their journey. The teachers are helpful and some of them can be lienient but expect to put the work in after all it is college.
CCBC overall is a good two year college. They have professors who will connect with you and really want you to succeed, but they also have those select few who give the bare minimum. However, they have many resources in order for you to still be able to succeed. For example, the free tutoring is a really great help.
I love the convenience of the Owings Mills extension and the array of classes offered here. My professors are professional, knowledgeable and approachable which is very important to me as a returning student who graduated from high school almost a decade ago.
Start Your Review of The Community College of Baltimore County
This school is horrible. It has changed over the years. The professors are either fresh out of grad school with no experience or too old to give a crap. they dont challenge you academically. I had a professor one time constantly come to class late but threatened to lock the door is a student didnt come on time.
I have been there for two years so far and I will soon be transferring to Towson University. Depending on who you get for your classes the professors can be very helpful or no help at all. The professors I had have been very helpful for my two years there.
I love this campus! Most of the professors are fantastic and actually care about their students! The only thing I don't like about this campus is that literally anyone can come onto the campus. There is no security detectors or anything that can detect weapons.