The College of New Jersey Reviews

1,236 reviews
TCNJ is my home away from home. The small class sizes allow students to develop close relationships with professors. There are approximately 150 clubs, ranging from academic to sport to volunteering to hobbies, so everyone has something they can connect to. I have lived all four years on campus and love the community they create. The faculty, staff, and workers around campus make the campus friendly and welcoming. I would choose this school again in a heart beat.
I loved the small class sizes, allowed the professors to be able to engage with the students more. The one thing I wish would change would be the lack of diversity.
TCNJ is a great school, especially if you're looking to be a teacher. The only complaint I have is that it's pretty expensive and it's a bit hard to make friends. Campus is beautiful, food is fine, and overall experience is good.
Start Your Review of The College of New Jersey
The college of New Jersey has an outstanding education and athletics program. The freshman year experience here is incredible. TCNJ makes it very easy to meet new people and make friends. This is a very big greek life school although it does not seem as if it is. Overall it is a great school.
Great environment/education and very reasonably-priced. Athletics aren't major here, however some football/basketball games draw in a nice crowd.
The College of New Jersey is an institution that works to create better individuals so that a better society will result. It is a place where all backgrounds are welcome, and it molds each one of its students to genuinely grow. By learning more about the world and simultaneously themselves, students receive a unique experience that is not regretted. Although this school is relatively small, it does an amazing job at making the students feel safe and welcome.
I feel like this is a school to go to if you like small towns will a small number of people. The school is pretty small but does make a big impact on the Ewing community.
The College of New Jersey is a very nice school and all of the people I have met on campus were really nice. All of the teachers I had so far are very nice but I had a few that are not very good at teaching. That being said most of the teachers are helpful and respond as quickly as they can to emails. The campus is a nice size and very pretty. It takes about 15-20 minutes to get from one side of campus to the other (a lot of students use bikes to get around). Everything you really need is on campus but it can be priced kind of high.
I have absolutely loved the time I have spent at the College of New Jersey. Though daunting and difficult at times, I feel challenged in my course work and prepared to take on the next level of of courses to best prepare for a career. TCNJ offers its students many great opportunities, and a wonderful community of students and staff who together are able to conquer amazing things.
I loved how close the TCNJ community is and all the various resources they offer to help you succeed.
A very good environment socially and academically. More majors and specializations would make this school more favorable to a wider range of students.
The College of New Jersey is a great liberal arts school. I love the campus. The academics in some majors are very competitive. In state tuition is worth it.
The ease of my application, the administration in helping me to complete my application and the professors all rank highly.
The College of New Jersey has opened up a new experience for me. It has challengesd my learning abilities and has made me a better student. I learned how to appreciate the community around me and and to live in a hollistic mindset. I am a nursing major and the community at TCNJ has made me develop into a better person for the future as a nurse. I learn from the brilliant minds around, especially the professors and this definitely shapes my education at TCNJ.
The College of New Jersey is an excellent college. The campus is gorgeous and there are different events that occur every day. The programs are rigorous and there are high expectations for each student, but every semester I feel that I have gained a significant amount of knowledge that I can apply to my future career.
The College of New Jersey is extremely academically challenging, providing me with adequate knowledge and resources to flourish post-graduation. In addition to this, the community on this campus is extremely welcoming and is where I met my life-long friends.
Overall it is a very safe, friendly, supportive school environment with professors who are passionate about what they teach. It is a very academically driven and provides hundreds of clubs, programs, on-campus jobs, and leadership opportunities that contribute to a wholesome student experience. Level of difficulty in classes comes down to major and the professor you have. Not a very diverse campus, but there are various cultural clubs and events so that everyone gets to feel welcomed. To experience the most of the party scene, joining Greek life or club sports helps a lot.
Start Your Review of The College of New Jersey
Excellent Biology program, made friends for life! Social aspects left to be desired, definitely not a party school. But- not the reason I went!
Many of my friends attend this college and I have visited on multiple occasions. The biology program is extremely top notch and their theater program is wonderful. Their food selection and dining hall is superb.
The College of New Jersey is an excellent institution. Nestled in the suburban town of Ewing, NJ, TCNJ is in an excellent location by being close to major cities. The campus is beautiful and kept very well. The academics are outstanding and having small class sizes allows for each student to have individual attention. There are a plethora of ways to get involved at TCNJ. Overall, deciding to attend TCNJ has been the best choice of my life so far!