The College of New Jersey is ...
NCAA Division III (with football)
New Jersey Athletic Conference
The College of New Jersey Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.85 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.83 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.84 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management260 Graduates
Elementary Education91 Graduates
Physical Education Teaching and Coaching71 Graduates
Special Education and Teaching70 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 55 responsesReport
- Smart and grade conscious who work hard31%
- Very intelligent students who work hard27%
- Smart student that knows how to throw down18%
- Smart, grade conscious, hardworking, and sociable15%
- Grade conscious students who try too hard4%
- Party now, study the day before the exam2%
- Smart students who are not social2%
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.109 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.123 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 64 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.62 responses
The College of New Jersey Reviews
I am currently attending The College of New Jersey and I absolutely love it. I lived on campus for one year and now I commute from my home in Northern NJ. Since my first major is Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing and my second Psychology, I have mainly spent my time in the Education Building and the Social Sciences Building. The professors here are incredibly intelligent and love to get to know the students as more than just a number. This is mainly due to the small class sizes, which I believe is one of the benefits of this institution. The professors are willing to work with you outside of class because they truly value your understanding of the subjects. I am continuously motivated to become a future educator by the professors that I have had and I can't wait to continue on in this career. I always feel safe when I am on campus and although the food isn't amazing, it is much better than other colleges that I have visited! Overall, I love TCNJ and I'm happy to be here!
The College of New Jersey is an excellent institution. Nestled in the suburban town of Ewing, NJ, TCNJ is in an excellent location by being close to major cities. The campus is beautiful and kept very well. The academics are outstanding and having small class sizes allows for each student to have individual attention. There are a plethora of ways to get involved at TCNJ. Overall, deciding to attend TCNJ has been the best choice of my life so far!
The College of New Jersey, while difficult, offers a rewarding and exciting college experience for its passionate students. The campus is a close net community of about 7,000 students allowing for professional and personal relationships. Students spend hours in the library preparing polished reports, absorbing study material, or collaborating in groups on research projects, and are well rewarded by the extensive care of student organizations. Even with numerous outlets for students, some student hit a wall, the tutoring center and writing center provide support for students to not get discouraged while trying to obtain success, however if a student does not wish to seek tutoring many professors gladly open their doors to students for questions, collaborations, support and extra help, I have never once seen a student left distressed on purpose. What is most wonderful about TCNJ is that the student is given the environment of a big school without the overwhelming numbers.