The College of New Jersey is ...
NCAA Division III (with football)
New Jersey Athletic Conference
The College of New Jersey Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.85 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.83 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.84 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management260 Graduates
Elementary Education91 Graduates
Physical Education Teaching and Coaching71 Graduates
Special Education and Teaching57 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 55 responsesReport
- Smart and grade conscious who work hard31%
- Very intelligent students who work hard27%
- Smart student that knows how to throw down18%
- Smart, grade conscious, hardworking, and sociable15%
- Grade conscious students who try too hard4%
- Party now, study the day before the exam2%
- Smart students who are not social2%
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.109 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.123 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 64 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.62 responses
The College of New Jersey Reviews
I am currently attending The College of New Jersey and I absolutely love it. I lived on campus for one year and now I commute from my home in Northern NJ. Since my first major is Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing and my second Psychology, I have mainly spent my time in the Education Building and the Social Sciences Building. The professors here are incredibly intelligent and love to get to know the students as more than just a number. This is mainly due to the small class sizes, which I believe is one of the benefits of this institution. The professors are willing to work with you outside of class because they truly value your understanding of the subjects. I am continuously motivated to become a future educator by the professors that I have had and I can't wait to continue on in this career. I always feel safe when I am on campus and although the food isn't amazing, it is much better than other colleges that I have visited! Overall, I love TCNJ and I'm happy to be here!
As a senior English Secondary Education major at TCNJ, I can assure you that the academic experience is amazing. With the exception of the liberal learning classes (which do not count toward your major, but must be taken to graduate), my teachers have been highly experienced and have taught the course material effectively and with passion. However, this is a suitcase school, so almost everyone leaves on the weekends. Also, as a Latina, my culture is almost non-existent and it was definitely a culture shock going from a diverse, poor community to an affluent White (and some Asian) one. Overall, this small campus is beautiful and academically challenging, but is seriously lacking in diversity and social opportunities outside of a fraternity/sorority.
Im a transfer student in my senior year at TCNJ, and my only regret is not coming here directly after high school. Ive made so many friends, had the opportunity to do research, have an internship, join a sports team, greek life, and meet so many people. TCNJ is an amazing school with so much opportunity waiting for its students to take part in. Get in and succeed!