- 4 Year
- EWING, NJ
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Valuegrade A
- Diversitygrade B+
- Campusgrade C+
- Athleticsgrade B minus
- Party Scenegrade B minus
- Professorsgrade B
- Locationgrade C
- Dormsgrade C
- Campus Foodgrade C
- Student Lifegrade B minus
- Safetygrade C+
The College of New Jersey (TCNJ) welcomes students who have the talent and motivation to succeed in a highly rigorous academic environment. A public institution Founded in 1855, the College enrolls about 6,500 full-time undergraduates, two thirds of whom reside on campus. Today it is heralded by U.S. News & World Report as well as Barron’s as one of the most competitive schools in the nation, public or private. TCNJ serves a diverse student body, preparing graduates to excel as leaders in their chosen fields. TCNJ has set the standard for public higher education. Students appreciate the atmosphere they find at TCNJ, a school large enough to provide a full range of academic and extracurricular choices, yet small enough to be a genuine residential community of friends and fellow learners. With professors committed to collaboration in and out of the classroom and facilities of enviable quality, TCNJ represents an exceptional value in higher education.
The College of New Jersey Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
Most Popular Majors
- Business298 Graduates
- Biology108 Graduates
- Psychology102 Graduates
- Elementary Education97 Graduates
- Nursing91 Graduates
- Communications78 Graduates
- Special Education and Teaching62 Graduates
- English61 Graduates
- Mathematics53 Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching50 Graduates
TCNJ and Villanova Law School... A Perfect Partnership
The College of New Jersey has recently partnered with Villanova University on a very exciting opportunity. Juniors at TCNJ will be eligible to attend for FREE Villanova's 3-year law school program. Sound like a good opportunity? Start with exploring TCNJ's undergraduate degrees, apply to your best-fit major, take advantage of TCNJ's Pre-law Program, and then hit the books!
- Mix of Online and on Campus13%
- On Campus0%
- Smart and grade conscious who work hard27%
- Smart, grade conscious, hardworking, and sociable23%
- Very intelligent students who work hard23%
- Smart student that knows how to throw down15%
- Smart students who are not social4%
- Grade conscious students who try too hard3%
- Street-smart and book-smart3%
- Intellectual and fun30%
- Intense but rewarding20%
- The most fun you'll have at a small college12%
- Great college! Beautiful campus!10%
- :work hard, twerk harder" -a recent graduate2%
The College of New Jersey Reviews
My recommendation is to align yourself with those at the college that share your values, morals, and ethics, there are plenty of them. Additionally, step outside of your comfort zone and explore, that is what college is for! Have fun and study!
TCNJ is great choice…schedule a tour and come see for yourself!