1. Philadelphia, PA
  2. 4 Year

The Art Institute of Philadelphia Reviews

I haven't gone through the post-graduate process yet.
  • Value
I personally would not recommend this institution for anyone who needs to be walked through their instruction. You need to be able to seek the knowledge. I have to keep asking questions in order to get better understanding of the curriculum. But when the right questions are asked, the instructor is inspired for further instruction in something they may have overlooked. To me, I would say bad, to others it's great. I am super analytical.
Many courses were cut down to practically nothing really flexible. I understand that summer's are more difficult but to have no flexibility for course choice with a working schedule is very frustrating.
I haven't got to the point of looking for a career in my field yet. I am looking abroad. But I also don't trust that I am going to get the best assistance either.
  • Value
A degree is a degree. It all depends on how the individual applies the knowledge gained....if any.
  • Value
The computers are always freezing, but I know that has to do with a lot of students do major projects. If the students were given opportunities to rent computers for personal use, especially those who cannot afford to buy a computer, it would help a lot.
I consider myself a professional student. If I invest money in something I expect to get what I paid for. Many times I had to re-approach the topic of the lesson because the instructors don't have a clear lesson plan. If they do have a lesson plan, they don't adhere to it. I as a student, I shouldn't have to correct troublesome students in the class. I have found many teachers not apply themselves to teach properly. As if they are getting a free paycheck and it doesn't matter if you grasp it or not.

When spurred properly to earn their paycheck, the teachers are much better.
Most of the time I've been able to get the schedule I wanted and the only times I weren't they weren't the days I've wanted but so far I've been able to get the time of I want.
Online courses are easier in terms of workload and convenience.
There are many job fairs offered as well as internships and and job postings.
  • 11 months ago
  • Value
Most of the advertising classes are small classes between 5 and 10 students while the other classes are between 20 to 25 students. However I did take a class that had up to 30 people.
the school overs a lot of job fairs and offer internships and keep students up to date on places looking to hire.
  • 11 months ago
  • Value
The classes for my major aren't offered every quarter but when I do get a advertising class I learn a lot about the field and I've also been able to experience the environment first hand as well.
It's a good school the only problems is the lack of classes offered for my major and the bad financial aid services but other than that faculty actually currently work in the field and offer real world experience. Also the classes are reasonably sized and you never feel like you're lost in a crowd.
Great network/job opportunities. Fair workload
Finan. aid service slow. Advisors easily accessible
Classes help me become well-rounded. Great teaching
Teachers/faculty fully invested in student success
  • Feb 12 2016
  • Value
Work load and curriculum are very similar to the vocational school I attended in high school so far, the facilities are small, and you don't receive internships or job opportunities until your senior year
Housing is terrible, not having a meal plan is kind of the worst, there's mold and mice and matinence never comes when there's a problem, tuition is out of this world, many of the teachers feel as if they are too good to teach here, and many students don't realize that the work you put in is the work you get out. However, I've made some of my best friends here, and met some amazing people that really have pushed me towards greatness. I would not go back and change my expirence here if I had the chance.