Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Reviews

The facilities at the HSCSON are outstanding and conveniently located in one building. The staff wants the students to succeed and are always available outside of the classroom should students need assistance. Upon graduation I felt I possessed the tools and knowledge base required to be successful in my new career. TTUHSCSON is an excellent program and I strongly recommend students apply.
Currently a sophomore here at Texas Tech University, overall I love the campus and have been lucky to have some amazing professors! The only thing that is difficult is finding those advisors who actually care about your course plan.
This school offers the best education. We are only required by the board of pharmacy to complete 1700 rotation hours before graduation. However, TTUHSC offers us around 2200. The faculty are amazing and are very interested in helping you succeed.
Review Your College
LOVE MY SCHOOL. WRECK EM
alumni will really help out with job opportunities and more.
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
We have call lights all over the place where a police can get to you in only a minute or less
It is amazing to live on campus. Everything is in walking distance, all your friends live in the same facility. The food is actually pretty good too!
I am in a sorority and I love it, but I do have many friends that are not and I have talked to them about it and they do not feel "left out" in any way.
The fan based system is always up to par and screaming "RAIDER POWER" is always acceptable
Nursing school is such an amazing opportunity. It takes a lot of time and effort but in the end it will be worth it!
I don't value the degree based on the school, I just need the degree in order to begin my career. I honestly would have chosen to go to another school if I could rewind time.
  • 11 months ago
  • Value
The professors really care of their students. However, given the types of people who are admitted into the program and the homogeneous nature in terms of ethnicity and religion of the city, it truly lags behind other schools in the state. The people here are not very accepting of people who are different from them.

The professors are friendly and approachable, but often times do not seem to have things all ready and together.
There have been major changes to the program that I applied for. There is a major major lack of diversity at the school and the fact that it's in west Texas makes it that much more evident and worse. This is not the school to be at if you're looking for an exciting, fulfilling, and unique experience.
Athletic facilities could use some major revamping and upgrades.
Security is always patrolling as well as easy access to emergency phones.
I really liked that Texas Tech Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing admits students on experience and after getting to know each of us individually, not just based solely on GPA.
There are many events in which students are encouraged to participate in game nights. Such as baseball.
Review Your College
I feel like I am receiving a top tier education, class size is small, and the professors are fantastic.
In my field we have a 100% employment following graduation.
  • 12 months ago
  • Value
I have never felt threatened and there are rarely reports of crimes committed at the Health Science Center