Texas State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.352 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.378 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.378 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities556 Graduates
Business Administration and Management390 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science333 Graduates
Public Relations200 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies197 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.454 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.551 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 273 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.253 responses
Texas State University Reviews
TXST is very diverse and accepting of all different types of individuals. Coming into my freshman year of college I was extremely shy and avoidant but my professors and classmates definitely brought me out of my comfort zone in a way that I feel my absolute best and most confident, especially academically. The amount of resources offered here at TXST are helpful, there is always help around every corner! My favorite part about being a bobcat is the energy associated walking through TXST’s campus, someone is always giving out free food (always accept free food in college), people play music, programs are out in the Quad doing activities at times and the overall feeling from being a student here at Texas State is powerful. If I could restart from my freshman year, I wouldn’t change a thing. Becoming a bobcat at Texas State University was the best decision I’ve ever made, and I am grateful for my high level of education.
Texas State University is a great school! The campus is beautiful and it is much cheaper than other schools in Texas. The location of the school is also a major plus as well. San Marcos sits right in between San Antonio and Austin which great for those looking for internships in larger cities or to simply hang out in on the weekends. Texas State University also has many great programs and clubs to get involved in and spruce up your resume with. But perhaps it's greatest strength is that while Texas State is the fifth largest school in Texas, it still has a more intimate feel to it, a sentiment expressed by many students. It isn't like a huge campus where you feel you are just number in the system, it definitely has a genuine community feel to it. Overall my experience at Texas State has been great, I'd encourage anyone to come check it out!
Texas State is that they have amazing resources for all the students! They have tutors for every subject, a writing center to help and guide you in making A's on your essays, and plenty more. It's amazing to see all races and ethnicities helping one another to reach the same goals and dreams. San Marcos is a beautiful city with perfect weather and excitement roaming around in the air. It feels good to be able to leave your house everyday with a smile knowing you are where you should be.