Texas Southmost College Reviews

Texas Southmost College offers degrees and certificates which focus on skills that are currently in demand for an affordable price, and a surplus of extra help can be found which greatly aids students in comprehending the material and succeeding in their courses. The overall environment can be described as being student-friendly and welcoming with plenty of locations where one can study comfortably and feel right at home. The department of Student Life provides events and such which brings the community together and gives students a sense of belonging.
It is very cheap in the valley. you can pretty much cover your basics for very little compared to all the other colleges/universities. This is the college that will let you take dual classes in high school that way you won't have to pay for those classes when you attend college. I don't know if other schools have them but this is one plus of the valley!
Everyone is nice and its a great place. The only thing that they need to change is the finchel ad they don't really won't to help you unless you are Hispanic. It just makes everything a lot harder if you are not.
Start Your Review of Texas Southmost College
My experience here at Texas Southmost College has been a learning and adventurous one. I've had great professors with extensive experience in their field of teaching. The classmates around me as well have been mostly motivated infecting the environment with positive energy. We have tutor labs available that have been of great help and use and have really helped me scale up my grades.
Student services and professors are two things that definitely stand out. All personnel from student services that has attended me, either from admission and records, advising, or financial aid, has been very helpful when dealing with any special circumstances I've personally had. This college's professors are also here for a reason, they are efficient and well prepared and they all have great and memorable personalities with an inclination to help students. Only thing this college needs to be perfect is more professors specializing in the fields of computer software and hardware. I had to wait one semester to start my program since it was not available the previous semester giving the lack of teachers.
I would like for the college to be more engaging without the cheesiness. It is a bit cringe like. There is not much diversity, as most people are Hispanic. Everyone including the professors expect you to be from the area, so it sounds like you speak in Chinese when you mention you are from another city.
EASY is how I would describe this college. The faculty is easy to get along with, easy to work with. You will love them! I'm a current student at TSC, have been attending for the past 2 months, and my experience has been awesome. I have no complaints about this campus.
My experience with my local college has been such a blessing! My school community is a great help not only to me but to my generation. TSC prepares the future of our country with professors that love what they do, it is amazing!
Texas Southmost College is falling behind in so many things. I am very proud to say that they are slowly improving their academics area. They need a lot of improvement in the student services area I believe they should replace a lot fo their staff. Most of the time they do not want to e helpful to the student which can be very very annoying.
Texas south most college is really not that different from highschool. It's a community college but i mean its not bad. You have a rec center where you can go work out at all times. its pretty fun too because they always have events for the kids.
Really enjoy the atmosphere and professors. It would be nice if the college could extend over to the mcallen or weslaco area.
Every since I've been in TSC I had the privilege of enjoying my time with my classes, classmates and my professors as well. It's a wonderful school and would definitely recommend it.
My experience here at TSC has been good. I have had very good professors here and almost all of them have taught me something. I enjoyed the music department here. If you didn't know anything about music or little knowledge, the professors here will change that. They have a good guitar program with great students with an even better professor. I enjoyed coming here because of the people I met. I found the school has a nice recreation center and I got employed here. We have been told it is one of the nicest gyms here. If I could stay here longer, I would but I will soon have to move on to a university.
I like the people there, they are really nice and you won't have problems with students because they're really focused on their work during school. I would change they people who work there because they do not help at all. They do not offer enough service for students and we end up with the same problems. They should want to help students and give them enough information so they can do their things right. When I first started, they made me go back to the school like 15 times just to get all the informatiom that I needed and that is not right.
Since the college is really close to home, I'm willing to go pursue my education there. What I'm thinking is doing my basics there, then move onto a bigger school to pursue my goal of becoming a US customs agent.
My experience in Texas Southmost College was good, there is still some changes that need to be made, for example student services are not that great but they do help you in a reasonable time frame. I really enjoyed being part of Texas Southmost College.
TSC offers a large verity of classes and students. The online classes are easy and accessible to everyone, and if there is any issue with the online program, the TSC faculty is always ready to help.
Start Your Review of Texas Southmost College
Texas Southmost College is a great community college! I liked how involved the administration and staff are so involved with the students and clubs. Everyday there was different events going on. I enjoyed how respectful the students were to the campus. It was well kept and I can say it was a safe environment for the students as well.
I feel that TSC has both its ups and downs. While it is an okay college to start with attaining certain majors, there are still some majors that are very hard to acquire due to the classes towards that major running out of space very quickly and therefore running the risk of having to choose another major or transferring to another school. It does have a nice recreational center which students such as myself can use to fight off physical and mental stresses and problems but other than that nothing too special.
Texas southmost college is aplace where you get to be yourself and where you get the best help to succeed in your academic career. The staff and advisors are always ready to help a student out when needed. When i was new to the college everyone who helped me made me become the person i am now. I am better in my education and i love getting further into my education and my career because of Tsc. They made going to school fun and easy.