Texas Lutheran University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.29 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.31 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.31 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management60 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science38 Graduates
Elementary Education22 Graduates
Music Teacher Education12 Graduates
Music History and Literature10 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.38 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.40 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 17 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.17 responses
Texas Lutheran University Reviews
TLU have been a blast, I have very good professors who explain things I may have a problem understanding on. I have a great schedule that fits how I work. I've got the chance to become friends with a whole lot of people I would not have met usually. Lots of them comes from places miles away which boggles my mind! I have found my classes very interesting and not too difficult, Just gotta keep up on whats going on! The only major problem I have is the mytlu website we use to access lots of things is a little difficult to navigate through when it comes to finding things such as student employment and some things aren't able to be found online such as some events. Other than That I really am enjoying TLU and blessed I even get the chance to attend this amazing university.
My experience at Texas Lutheran has been the picture of serenity. The campus is small, the classes are personalized, and there's a visible commitment to diversity and public service. The curriculum is very goal-oriented, making sure your skills are utilized to the full extent needed to enter the job market in your chosen profession. As for the campus and student life, it's very peaceful and low-stress. There are some issues with organization processes that could use improvement, and the surrounding area isn't much to look at, but overall TLU has solid reputation that is well-earned.
This school is amazing! The small campus and tight knit faculty and staff truly make you feel that you are cared about. At Texas Lutheran, you are not a number or statistic but a person, a student who has goals, and these professors and staff are there to guide you to these goals. Even the students are amongst the nicest I have met.