Texas Lutheran University is ...
Private not-for-profit, Lutheran
NCAA Division III (with football)
Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference
Texas Lutheran University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.29 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.30 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.30 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management60 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science38 Graduates
Elementary Education22 Graduates
Music Teacher Education12 Graduates
Music History and Literature10 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.37 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.39 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.17 responses
Texas Lutheran University Reviews
Review Texas Lutheran University
This is a great school if you are majoring in something like math, science, communications, and even music;however, if you are majoring I need Art or Dramatic Media, you'll have a different experience. These are the two top degrees where you most likely will leave not knowingly what to do next and don't really know what you learned. If you go into the school with talent, then you have a better chance of getting something out of the programs. Dramatic Meida is only a good program if you're an actor or screenwriter, besides that you're up a creek. I hope that the administration sees this advice and helps both programs expand so that all alumni are proud of their experience at TLU.
Small school, friendly environment. Professors are helpful and can spend time one on one if you need the help. Campus is small and there are a lot of programs to get involved with. I love my school!
My experience at TLU was wonderful! There are plenty of organizations to be involved in, the classes are informative and challenging, and the professors are incredible.