Texas College Reviews

Texas College is a historically black university butis very diverse. They offer an array of services geared to anyone who desires a degree. School is offered at different times for those individuals with different needs. Traditional students can go to school during the day or evening. Then you have the Success Students, whose classes are offered during the evening for the working adults. This program allows that individual who desires to go back to school but also has to work to take care of their family. There is no age limit in going back to school so there are those students who are in there 70s in class with the 20 year olds. Everyone is so encouraging and uplifting to everyone. You feela sense of pride and motivation to keep pushing toward your dream of becoming a college graduate
What I like about Texas College was the culture behind it and all the Greeks and sororities. I also liked that there was never a dull moment on the campus.
Texas College is a HBCU, my professors and peers are great people. We are the oldest HBCU in East Texas. Our sport facilities could use more space, for example, we need more than one gym on our campus. Or a on campus football field would be great for our football players, therefor when we play teams we no longer have to visit the high school stadium. Updated computers would be a great, we can access more things.
Start Your Review of Texas College
It’s not hard to meet up with your professor for help with school work. Classrooms are small and intimate so it’s less intimidating
i am on the dance team and honestly if it wasn't for that i don't know how my experience at Texas College would be. I've met a lot of friendly people, learned a lot of new thing, reached many goals, and matured a lot since high school.
The way they handle registration needs some tweaking. It would also be very helpful if they update their technology. Overall being at Texas College feels like another home, once you learn how to get around all the twists and turns it is worth the drive.
I love the students the involvement around the Campus the Professors actually want you to pass.they spend Extra time with their Studnets and there’s al Wya something for studnets to ado around Campus.
The professors are great with assisting helping with tutoring so that you will be successful. The campus is very diverse i thought it would only be African American students there until I got on the campus I was amazed at how diverse it is. I would recommend this school to my friends that struggle like me. They are very supportive and ensures all students are successful. I think the cost is high but in the end you get a great education.
I just want see their be more activities for the students on campus. the campus is very limited on things to do which make it really boring. unless your playing or involved in sports at texas college student life Is really boring.
Texas college is a very well good school. They professors are wonderful also the security on the campus is fantastic. I always feel safe. What I would like to see change is gain more school spirit.
I made new friends . Texas college need to change by having an organize staff and knowing that they doing , specially change their way , not everything have to be old fashion way. It's good to have change.
I am in my second year of school here and I am very satisfied with the experience. I am in the success program, which is a program for working adults that need to attend school at night. I love the environment that takes place, because there are no games, all work and everyone is on the same page as to trying to graduate. I would highly recommend anyone who is looking to further they're education to come in and check out our campus.
good college great equipment and wonderful school keep up the work and never give up. ps go to the college to believe what im saying so live life dude
Texas College is an outstanding school and they have the best sociology classes ever. If you trying to major in sociology Texas College In Tyler Texas is the school to look in to.
This campus opened various doors into my future. As an incoming freshmen I was quite nervous as to what the outcome of my first semester would be. Going out of my town to attend was by far the greatest decision I have taken in my entire life. I learned various aspects of every subject upon completing my basic core courses. I am very thankful for every professor that helped me as well.
My name is Ainsley Joseph. I haven't been here long and I already feel like transferring. The school seems unorganized and I feel like some people here are just for a reason to get out the hood or projects. This isn't a problem, but it makes the school hard to get a long with. The teachers do care and you can tell they really want to see us succeed. The school small so everyone knows everybody. Which isn't a problem until people make a reputation for themselves. Then the school starts to worry about personal problems of the students instead of investing into the college itself. As a college student I feel it is the need for me to correct myself in order to succeed instead of rules and regulations for me to keep me straight. It may not be easy for students to adjust but that should be the college experience students will have to learn.
There's not many classes to choose from but overall the classes are small and a great size to learn. Classrooms look like a high school classroom.
Start Your Review of Texas College
I only have seen one career event.
There is a lot of campus security around . Never any real danger just maybe a couple of fights will break out.
Texas College just built a new dorm that's pretty nice but there is to many rules that are enforced. You can't have visitors from other dorms visit your room after or before a certain time. No opposite sex is allowed in each others room including a family member. The old dorms will remind you of a jail there is a community shower and bathroom. Very poor quality rooms overall