Texas A&M International University Reviews

1,206 reviews
It is a wonderful place to attend. It has inspired me to go above and beyond. I always look forward to attending class. I am extremely proud to say that I am a student of this amazing university, always motivating their students to strive for more and be involved. I feel like home, because everyone in campus is so welcoming.
Texas A&M International University is affordable and it provide students with school resources. There is plenty of organizations on campus that anyone can join. Some professors are good at teaching and respond to emails very quick. There is limited food options, parking spots, study rooms, advisors for COAS, restrooms and small hallways in some buildings.
I have been in Texas A&M International University for 2 months and I really like how they have a lot of international students in this school. Also people are really helpful. I am an international student athlete and they really care about your culture, religion and everything. In school we have some activities every week and that is also really nice. Another thing is library, I really love to be in this school's library. I just would like to have more coffee shop in this school.
Start Your Review of Texas A&M International University
I have been having a great experience at TAMIU. Students and administrators at TAMIU are very nice and they will help you if you have any question or concerns. Professors are also very nice and their teaching skills are amazing, I believe that professors are the ones that impact most of the student's life and with great professors the experience at an university would be better for students. Also, at Texas A&M International University we have fun events organized by students and that is what makes it to have a great experience. The involvement and the way students pass time with each other makes you feel like all of us are a family, a family where each one of us want us to succeed in life. Therefore, my experience at TAMIU have been awesome so far.
Got my bachelor degree there also I'm going for my master degree. It is a good school. Professors are very strict and expect high standards for all students. However, most of them are accessible to reach if you have any questions in the assignment. There are higher chances to get accepted to some programs, for instance nursing. Laredo is a small city, so young population prefers to move to other cities rather staying in Laredo. Negative things about the school would be the food. There are not many places to eat. The only good restaurant is Chick fill A. There is not a diversity of culture as well. But overall "tamiu" is a good school.
It has been very stressful as of now, but that was to be expected. I would recommend to get better professors that make going to class more interesting.
I am Hispanic and the University is mainly made up of a Hispanic Community so I feel very welcoming and involved
Very good instructors and the service is amazing. Campus is always clean and people are so repectful.
Great professors and scholarship opportunities. Quality education but it needs some improvement in networking students with outside companies that might hire them. There are not enough internships opportunities around, at least for any STEM-field related student, so I would like that the university take this into consideration to improve the learning experience of their students. Overall great university with beautiful landscapes and places to relax; however, there are not enough STEM-related majors to choose from. The business and social-behavioral colleges are just fine. Great companies linked in and lots of available job positions around. It is a good university as a starter to do the basics at an affordable price tag so it is a good to go if someone is looking to transfer out to another university later on.
The diversity in this campus is one of the main reasons TAMIU is a great university. The professors and stuff express the importance of receiving an education thus providing all the help we need to succeed.
I really like the university because the teachers are great and the school is clean. There are many professors that are willing to help when you need it. There is constantly activities and events that go on in the campus.
At TAMIU, a student will have the opportunity to grow with a family at the college. This is because its a medium size campus and students will often see their friends. The professors, often help the students on what they need in order to actually pass the class. If the student doesnt want the help of the professor, he will have a hard time to pass alone. Because TAMIU is a medium campus, the classes are not that big and the students and professors get a good communication.
Would like if more majors were available such like engineering, and forensic science. While there are some arts related minors, I would like to see them as majors.
I really enjoyed how TAMIU employees would do anything and everything in their power to keep the students happy and safe. To my knowledge, there was not a time in this university that students have felt in danger because staff are always on top of everything students do. One thing I would actually enjoy seeing different is more student involvement in extracurricular activities.
I have been at TAMIU for 4 years and I can honestly say that it has been the greatest experience. Everyone there is so friendly, kind, and they are always willing to lend a hand. I love that the professors are open to helping students when they are struggling. The thing I would like to see changed though would be better organization when it comes to answering questions in regards to financial aid or student records.
I love TAMIU because you can find quality studies with high quality professors from around the world willing to teach students like us who are eager to learn vast amounts of information. The campus is close and central in Laredo, Tx. TAMIU offers living and many campus resources beneficial for the students. This is a great quality University to attain your education from while not blowing your budget as well.
I am currently a student at TAMIU and I am pleased with what I've experienced so far. There is a lot of diversity in this institute which allows for a different point of view in any situation presented. The professors in this university give the students further insight and meaning to literature devices as well as everyday life.
Start Your Review of Texas A&M International University
Well the school is great the campus is amazing the different activities the school provides makes sure there is not a dull moment during the semester the counseling is great too there is always someone there to help you in whatever your problem is ; And being honest i think the school doesnt need to change because its great the way it is.
Texas A&M International is a great university. Although, I've only been attending for a year, I am glad I did. Everyone is super friendly and easy to talk to. I love that there is a tutoring center if you ever need help with homework or if you have not understood a lecture you can head right over and you will get the help you need.
TAMIU allows bigoted, unmerited opinions to be propagated by outside guests (like the event on June 5, 2018 titled, "Can Homosexuals Change?") in the name of free speech. The problem is that this is illegal under Title IX statutes, and TAMIU has a terrible track record with Title IX violations. This campus is not safe for women or those in the LGBTQ community.