Tennessee Technological University Reviews

My experience at TTU has been very successful this 2017-2018 year. I am currently involved in my organizations on campus such as the following: R.A.C.E ( Reaching Achievement and Committing to Excellence), N.S.B.E, and NAACP. In addition, I am an active participant in most activities like intramural sports and college games. I had a great relationship with my professors and dorm neighbors. Most of all, both semesters were vivid and smooth.
Tennessee Tech is located in Cookeville, Tennessee. It is a great community and it is centered around the college students which for me is a plus. Many of the local businesses cater to the college students. Overall Tech is a great school and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a small to medium sized college.
I love Tennessee Tech because everyone treats you like family and they really care about you. If you have a problem they don't just send you to someone else, they pick up the phone and call so that someone is waiting on you when you get there and they already know what your problem is. Tech may be too small for some people, put I find it just the right size.
Start Your Review of Tennessee Technological University
The school has been a stepping stone and a "jumping off" point for my future career. I have been able to take lessons that I have learned in lectures and use them in everyday applications for my future career.
Parking is horrible for on-campus residents. Buildings are outdated. Good professors and advisors. Beautiful campus and community. Lots of opportunities offered.
Tech is a smaller sized college but growing quickly, most of the classes are still small and they have a high standard for education.
There is not much to do on campus as far as activities. I’m trying to get plugged in so I can make a difference and I feel there is a lot of potential here but someone needs to take the lead.
My father used to work here, and the staff was treated like crap as well as treated each other like crap. However, the classes and academics are done very well so 3 stars.
The school is very good to focus on your craft and workout at. There are not a lot of things to do so you can find your self with a lot of time. So use your time wisely.
I really liked that Tennessee Tech was right in my hometown. It is affordable, especially as far as universities go, and there were plenty of opportunities available to students. There are all kinds of things going on on campus at all times and plenty of opportunities to be involved in your school and community. There are many ways to get new students plugged into campus life and most of the professors are very caring and easy to work with.
Overall, a simple a cheap school. However, there is no parking, minimal lighting at night (which made me feel unsafe), the classrooms are uncomfortably small and outdated, and they charge money to pay for unnecessary things. All the professors I've had are great, but as an education major, the department isn't very helpful.
Not only is the college cheap compared to other schools, it has an amazing student body. The professors and students all differ widely and generally have a fantastic vibe and the campus itself is fine for the cheap price. This is a cost management school, the most bang out of your buck.
I like the campus and I like the town of Cookeville. The campus isn't too big or too small. I think there should be more places for student parking. The dorms are a little small but they are nice and recently renovated.
I love Tennessee Technological University!! I am only a freshman but I am in love with the campus, professors, and the social atmosphere of Tech. The campus is beautiful and the student life is so welcoming and friendly. I definitely recommend getting involved on campus and shooting for your best academic goals.
Tennessee Tech is hands down the best university in Tennessee! The campus is the perfect size, not too big and not too small. Tennessee Tech is my forever home!
I have visited the campus many times and have really enjoyed every visit.i am really looking forward to attending school there this fall. i cant wait for college to start. i do think TN Tech needs to get better at their help desks beacuse i had several problems and they were not helpful through phone, email, or inperson
I love Tennessee Tech University. The community on campus is something a person can only get at Tennessee Tech. Professors get to know students very well. The student to teacher ratio is 18:1.
Start Your Review of Tennessee Technological University
The nice part about Tennessee Tech is that they are undergoing improvements campus wide. Now this is good but also bad, this means that right now the campus isn't perfectly made yet. Along with the noise of construction and closed off parts of parking. But this also gives us the idea that the campus will be better once the construction is finished.
My college experience here was great, the only down fall would have to be a couple of teachers who care more about their personal lives than the students they were meant to teach.
This schools is very over rated. Most of my professors have been less than helpful and most of the learning is done on your own outside of the classroom. The schools is currently very overpriced for what you get likely because they are doing noisy and disruptive construction on every corner and using increased tuition to pay for it. The dorms and the cafeteria are both sub par and make living on campus less than ideal.