Tennessee Technological University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.58 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.63 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.63 responses
Most Popular Majors
Teacher Education for Multiple Levels186 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities165 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering134 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies113 Graduates
Business Administration and Management98 Graduates
Agricultural Business66 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.72 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.98 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.33 responses
Tennessee Technological University Reviews
My overall experience has been stressful. Tennessee Technological University's individual colleges are great, but the administration is terrible. They have not given enough attention to what the student body demands. They have ignored our cries for a better parking system and to make administration pay their fair share of parking fees. The financial aid department gives students barely enough to survive the semester, and they do not seem to care that each student is drowning in debt. I would only recommend coming here for an individual college. The professors are amazing and very hands-on! They are the only ones doing this money hungry school justice!
There are plenty of courses to choose from, that is if you have time outside your major. The professors are always willing to help, and they are the best feature about Tennessee Tech. I believe one could not find better hands-on or more intelligent teachers anywhere else in this state. The class styles are generally a form of lecture, but they are engaging. Professors make an effort to entertain and motivate their students. The majority of music professors are great examples of how teachers should be as role models. I have, so far, loved my experience as a student inside their classrooms!
This school's whole purpose is to churn out engineering degrees. It doesn't offer very good programs for anything else. The food is average, at least there's a Chick-Fil-A on campus and plenty of other restaurants. The town is quaint and nice, but kind of dull with not much to do. There isn't much diversity, mainly white males. The professors I've had haven't been very helpful, sometimes completely ignoring my emails and my requests for help. The administration side of things is either incompetent or uncaring. I've missed out on certain important things because they neglected to send me an email, and when I tried to change majors and switch roommates I was met with a ton of seemingly unnecessary roadblocks and no one to help me. Overall, my experience has been poor, however if you are low income and have an interest in the STEM majors, this school should be serviceable for you. Just don't expect a great social life or fun times out on the town.