Tennessee State University Reviews

1,479 reviews
Tennessee State University was an overall good school . But some of the teachers could use a change in employment. It seems like only a handful of teachers that I had the pleasure of meeting cared about the education that the students received and did what it took to make sure that they understood the less. Those teachers understood that many students learn different. All and all the atmosphere and environment was great. I just wish more of the staff was helpful
I WOULD RATE TSU 5STARS I AM A SPECIAL NEED STUDENT AND UNLIKE HIGHSCHOOL IWAS ABLE TO FIT RIGHT IN I WAS IN MARCHING BAND AND MY MAJOR WAS ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING A REAL HARD CHALLENGE BECAUSE OF MY DISABILITY IT TAKE A LITTLE LONGER FOR ME TO CONNECT AND ONCE MY PROF WERE MADE AWARE THEY HAD NO PROBLEM WORKING WITH ME MY BEST EXPERIENCE WAS BEING PART OF BEST COLLEGE MARCHING BAND TRAVEL BEING ACCEPTED CAMPUS LIFE AT TSU IS EXTRAORDINARY IN A GOOD WAY PEOPLE FROM ALL WALK OF LIFE ATTEND NO HAS REGRETS
This university is very behind on the times. I have experienced terrible situations already and I haven't even began the semester. The staff is unfriendly and useless. They don't make you feel as a student that they want to help you. They just want to be right. It is also not in a very good part of town.
Start Your Review of Tennessee State University
The school overall is a very good school. The faculty could be much better and helpful but overall some are pretty good.
The past few years here at TSU is nothing but things you take with you throughout your life career. Lessons whether they be good or bad ones. Classes are great, and so is the social life.
It was very welcoming and it just feels like being at home. Everyone is very kind and they speak which is rare when being around kids sometimes.
Tennessee Stare University is a great school. I like that they always email you about what’s going on, on campus. Something I would like to see a change in is in the food varieties and the dorm living arrangements.
It is a good school to go to you'll learn a lot by going here. There is a lot to do so there will never be a dull moment while you attend this college
i went there for my first 2 semesters and i trasferred to fisk to play soccer for their team but now am going back to tsu because i feel good there and its better
TSU is a very diverse school and they focus on bettering their students and getting them ready for the real world.
I love the environment at TSU. Everyone is super helpful and friendly. Since I'm an international student a lot of people helped during this 3 years. But I would like to see and increased safety and security on campus. Almost every semester something terrible is happening on campus. I understand that some things can't be prevented, but to see the university trying their best to protect their students would be nice.
I like all the diversity on the campus. You get to meet someone new everyday. I don't think there is anything that needs to be changed right now.
I enjoyed the overall experience. Speaking from an alumni standpoint I grew leaps and bounds. I’m a better person. It become home. A home away from home. Taught me life lessons an I’m a better person from attending the University! I bleed blue!
I'm from Kansas City Kansas and I love TSU this is my second year and I'm studying criminal justice.
the people and staff are very friendly and helpful, the students are also very open and friendly and we are all working together to get a good grade. the campus is very big , but they are old building but not too bad. the parking situation may be the worst thing if your not a dorm student, you've got to get there early to find a place to park
Tennessee State is a great place for kids to come and feel welcomed. They take education serious, and want everyone to succeed. I would like them to change the way the conduct business.
My tenure here at TenState has definitely been nothing but life experiences and lessons. There honestly isn't anything special about the University itself, the students is what makes TSU's experience. Tennessee State Univ. could stand to update their traditional policy of discrimination upon appearance (including professionally), be more diverse of professors who can relate regarding cultural classes, and be more tentative to it's students overall needs. I wouldn't necessarily recommend TSU unless on scholarship or if someone is already a TN resident.
Start Your Review of Tennessee State University
My over all experience at TSU has been great. I am an out of state student so the biggest thing I enjoyed is the feeling of a "family community". The professors are helpful they care about you. You can go to them for help and they have time for you. The overall feeling of family helps to focus on my studies and not worry about the little things.
I love the fact that Tennessee State University is close to Nashville and the people at the school are very friendly
The staff is extremely helpful, I call with any problems I have and they work to assure that the issue is fixed with ease. Some schools have poor over the phone customer service but whenever I call Tennessee State Admissions, I am always satisfied with my call.