- 4 Year
- PHILADELPHIA, PA
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Valuegrade B
- Diversitygrade A
- Campusgrade B
- Athleticsgrade A
- Party Scenegrade A+
- Professorsgrade A
- Locationgrade B
- Dormsgrade B minus
- Campus Foodgrade A
- Student Lifegrade A
- Safetygrade B minus
Temple University attracts some of the most diverse, driven and motivated minds from across the nation and around the world. Located in Philadelphia, Temple empowers students to explore, discover and transform curiosity into action with more than 160 undergraduate majors across 17 schools and colleges.
Home to more than 33,000 students, Temple offers the advantages of a large research institution and the individual attention of a small college. Students are immersed in a dynamic and nurturing learning environment with the support of a renowned faculty, academic advisors and a broad curriculum of more than 600 academic programs. Temple's NCAA Division I athletic programs and over 330 student organizations also thrive on campus.
No matter their background, Temple students—nicknamed Owls—are drawn to the university's vibrant city location. Temple also offers a gateway to the world with international campuses in Tokyo and Rome and study abroad opportunities across the globe.
Temple University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
Most Popular Majors
- Psychology356 Graduates
- Marketing329 Graduates
- Finance311 Graduates
- Biology279 Graduates
- Radio and Television226 Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies207 Graduates
- Health Service Preparatory Studies204 Graduates
- Accounting197 Graduates
- Advertising187 Graduates
- Business185 Graduates
Academics at Temple
Temple University is in the top 4% of research universities in the nation and has produced dozens of Fulbright, Goldwater and Rhodes scholars in recent years. Temple faculty hold accolades that range from Grammys to Fulbright Fellowships. Our 12-1 student-faculty ratio makes it easy to connect directly with industry-leading professors.
- Mix of Online and on Campus71%
- On Campus19%
- There is no "typical student" at this school30%
- Everybody is there own person.16%
- Suburban middle class kid9%
- Everybody is their own person.7%
- Hipsters, skaters, future ceos, hippies4%
- Diverse, Research, Upcoming18%
- Very diverse, energetic and fun18%
- Fairly diverse, spirited, and fun to attend14%
- Amazing, diverse, on the rise.10%
- Best overall school on the east coast4%