- 4 Year
- PHILADELPHIA, PA
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Valuegrade A minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Campusgrade B
- Athleticsgrade A
- Party Scenegrade A+
- Professorsgrade A
- Locationgrade B
- Dormsgrade B minus
- Campus Foodgrade A
- Student Lifegrade A+
- Safetygrade B minus
Temple University attracts some of the most diverse, driven and motivated minds from across the nation and around the world. Located in Philadelphia, Temple empowers students to explore, discover and transform curiosity into action with more than 150 undergraduate majors across 17 schools and colleges.
Home to more than 37,000 students, Temple offers the advantages of a large research institution and the individual attention of a small college. Students are immersed in a dynamic and nurturing learning environment with the support of a renowned faculty, academic advisors and a broad curriculum of more than 600 academic programs. Temple's NCAA Division I athletic programs and hundreds of student organizations also thrive on campus.
No matter their background, Temple students—nicknamed Owls—are drawn to the university's vibrant city location. Temple also offers a gateway to the world with international campuses in Tokyo and Rome and study abroad opportunities across the globe.
Temple University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
Most Popular Majors
- Psychology353 Graduates
- Finance343 Graduates
- Marketing313 Graduates
- Biology263 Graduates
- Radio and Television233 Graduates
- Kinesiology and Exercise Science228 Graduates
- Accounting222 Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Safety Studies191 Graduates
- Advertising180 Graduates
- Cinematography and Video Production167 Graduates
Academics at Temple
As the largest university in Philadelphia, Temple offers students a dynamic and nurturing learning environment with the support of a renowned faculty and dedicated academic advisors, access to state-of-the-art learning facilities like the Charles Library and a broad curriculum of more than 150 undergraduate majors to explore.
- Mix of Online and on Campus59%
- On Campus1%
- There is no "typical student" at this school29%
- Everybody is there own person.17%
- Suburban middle class kid9%
- Everybody is their own person.6%
- Hipsters, skaters, future ceos, hippies4%
- Diverse, Research, Upcoming18%
- Very diverse, energetic and fun16%
- Fairly diverse, spirited, and fun to attend15%
- Amazing, diverse, on the rise.11%
- Best overall school on the east coast4%