Syracuse University Reviews

3,184 reviews
As a college senior looking back at my past four years on the Syracuse Campus, I can confidently say that I have not only grown intellectually and have challenged myself academically, but I can also say I have grown as a person. I have made life long friends and already an impression on the professional industry. The Syracuse University name is said with honor, and I could not pick another place to have spent my last four years.
amazing school, great professors, great programs and awesome athletics. the school is very nice and professors are friendly and very good
It is a great university with a wide variety of classes. The campus is manageable and not enormous, everything is walking distance and you will see common faces once a day definitely. The downside is that it gets really cold.
Start Your Review of Syracuse University
What I like best about Syracuse University is my program at the Newhouse School of Public Communication. They possess incredible resources, credible professors with real industry experience, and a plethora of opportunities to pursue your creative passions. Additionally, guest speakers from the varying entertainment industries are hosted to speak weekly. The program is intensive but definitely preparing me for the real world and I could not be more grateful. The only improvement I would love to see is in diversity of the accepted students.
I love my school. The school spirit is unbelievable. I can't wait to see what the next 3 years have in store for me.
My experience at Syracuse University was a great one! Initially, I was waitlisted but was able to attend the university after waiting some time. The atmosphere is great if you are someone who is interested in sports. They also have a number of groups and student unions that you can join. I myself was part of the literary magazine - Perception.
I went on a tour of Syracuse University and was thoroughly impressed with everything I saw. The music building was beautiful and I was in awe of everything I saw there. I have submitted my application to Syracuse University and would love to attend.
Overall, my experience at Syracuse University has been great. My professors have been very engaging and passionate about their subject matter and make attending class very enjoyable. Additionally, the diversity on campus is fantastic and there are endless opportunities to get involved. The only pitfalls are the less-than-desirable dining hall food, continuous safety breaches and lack of a "college town"/street on campus.
I just started school here as a freshman and although the initial transition from home to here was tough, I've adjusted since then and each day it feels more like home here.
Syracuse University has a rich amount of resources in anything you can imagine. The students themselves have always impressed me. They balance work and social lives, network constantly and strive for academic excellence. I have met some incredible minds at this school, those who will likely change the world and others that will teach us how to get there. The faculty is very open to making connections with their students outside class time. They challenge their students while also keeping an open mind to the complexities of life. This school has offered me experiences simply by bringing a bunch of incredible people to one place and cultivating an environment to inspire success.
This is a great school which really values students from all works of life and offers education that will inspire you and help you succeed.
From academics to athletics Syracuse University is hands down one of the best colleges in the nation! There is a reason why have been ranked #1 in school spirit by the Princeton Review for three years in a row now. Everywhere you look, you will see a sea of orange. And let's not forget about the world's cutest mascot, Otto the Orange! You will for sure bleed orange for the rest of your life, should you choose to attend this incredible university!
Syracuse Univseristy is a joke. For a private school where’s plagiarism should be taken seriously, plagiarism was taken lightly. I was in classes with students who would continuously plagiarize on their projects but somehow still are at good academic standing with the school. Syracuse University wants to protect its high reputation by hushing horrible incidents like an almost school shooting this past Spring, plagiarism, and Greek life incidents that are now coming to the light. Syracuse may be diverse but the student body is composed of segregated diversity. I’ve never been more disgusted by a school that truly is in it for the money and can not hold true to its standards.
Hands down the best choice I ever made. The only thing I wish I could change about this school is the weather; the community you find here is indescribable, and it's no wonder SU has placed number one for school spirit in the entire nation for the past three years. You really do get out of it what you put in, however. Opportunity and resources are available everywhere, but you have to be the one to take the initiative and find them.
Syracuse is a wild experience. Don't be afraid to get out of your comfort zone and try new things! It'll all be worth it.
Most beautiful campus, student life, and academics. I'm from Los Angeles and it was the perfect change for me.
Great school with a great atmosphere for collegiate fun and learning. Football and basketball teams are best to watch live in the arena & stadium. Go orange!
Start Your Review of Syracuse University
The campus is beautiful and the people are great. Professors seem to really care about what they teach. Winters can be a little rough if you aren’t used to it.
I absolutely love this school. Despite the ridiculous amount of snow and the high tuition, this school is filled with community and school spirit. The campus is big enough to feel like a large school but small enough where you aren't overwhelmed by the size. Everything from SU sports, greek life and the crazy amount of partying, this school is for anyone and everyone who wants good academics but also have a good time.
For being such a large university, SU manages to keep graduate-level class sizes small. This allows for students to participate regularly and know their professors on a more intimate level. It can be difficult to have issues resolved through larger departments such as financial aid, admissions, and the registrar's office due to it being such a large "machine" of a university. Students have to be very persistent and advocate for themselves.