Sweet Briar College Reviews

Sweet Briar is an amazing place to grow as a woman. You truly learn to balance your academics and extracurriculars in a way my friends at other schools do not. The bonds you create with your professors at Sweet Briar are so strong and amazing, I've had dinner at a bunch of my professor's houses. The professors often put their cellphone numbers on the syllabus, that's how accessible they are. I couldn't imagine my college experience any other way!
I am not really sure, I am looking more and more into this as returing to school is getting closer
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
Most of the professors I have had were amazing. There is only one that I was not fond of, but the professors always make sure we understand what is going on and they let us know that they are always here for us and we can come to office hours
Review Your College
We don't really have much of a problem with this kind of thing
I have never had any problems with the housing on campus, although there are some dorms that need to be renovated
I work at the gym so I am a little biased, but I know a lot of the girls who play one or two sports and they live every second of it
We were supposed to close last year, but we didn't. That should tell you something about the people that have gone there and young women who continue to attend.
A degree from a women's liberal arts college is highly valued.
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
Sweet Briar allows students to balance a rigorous academic course load with extracurriculars and internship and research opportunities. This college prepares students for success in the "real world."
Safety is never a concern on campus. Campus safety is effective and aware and problems are taken care of swiftly. I have never felt unsafe while on campus.
DIII Sports allow students to balance their academics and their varsity sport. Funding is adequate and the GPA of athletes are higher than the overall campus GPA
SBC has a rigorous curriculum, wonderful traditions, and amazing research and career opportunities (if you work for them).
I only participate in one sport
I am enjoying Sweet Briar
There are many resources available to students.
Professors are personable, helpful, available. Courses are interesting, applicable to the real world. Classes are personalized and attention is given to every student.
Beautiful, historic buildings. Spacious dorm rooms with high ceilings and large closets and windows.
Review Your College
Campus security is there at all times. After 6pm campus security is out at the guard gate to have those who do not belong to SBC to sign in. I have never felt threatened on campus. In fact the scariest thing just might be the wild animals which are carefully observed as well.
The college may be small but the alums are always there to help out. They come from all different backgrounds so opportunities are everywhere. Career services has always been helpful and does weekly/biweekly talks. Its rural so jobs/internships opportunities during the school year are going to be at least 30 minutes out or more.
  • Jan 8 2016
  • Value
There is a variety of courses to take and you will not have a problem finding something that you like. Most professors are there to help. You can have classes that are only two to classes that are 25(but those are very rare). The larger classes are typically lecture but most of the ones I have taken tend to be discussion based.