Sweet Briar College is ...
Old Dominion Athletic Conference
Sweet Briar College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.18 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.24 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.24 responses
Most Popular Majors
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.24 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.35 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.15 responses
Sweet Briar College Reviews
I love Sweet Briar dearly! There are just a few things I would like to see change. The food isn't great, however, we have just changed our catering company so it will hopefully improve. I also think that some of the dorms and academic buildings could also use some renovation.
Sweet Briar College (SBC) offers a wonderful, unique college experience. Due to its small size and all-female student body, SBC cultivates a welcoming, intimate community. By the second semester of my sophomore year, I can honestly say I know the names of the majority of the student body. Professors are always accessible and willing to help students; opportunities to work with professors on research projects are always available and encouraged. Ultimately, I feel blessed to have discovered this college.
Sweet Briar is an amazing place to grow as a woman. You truly learn to balance your academics and extracurriculars in a way my friends at other schools do not. The bonds you create with your professors at Sweet Briar are so strong and amazing, I've had dinner at a bunch of my professor's houses. The professors often put their cellphone numbers on the syllabus, that's how accessible they are. I couldn't imagine my college experience any other way!