Upstate is a public university located in Syracuse, New York. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 163 undergraduate students. Popular majors include Nursing, Health Professions, and Medical Laboratory Technician. Upstate alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $63,400.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
Students Receiving Financial Aid
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that the workload is easy to manage.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review SUNY Upstate Medical University
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- We don't have enough responses to know if Greek life is an important part of the social scene.Take our survey
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.5 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
SUNY Upstate Medical University Reviews
From the start of your first year you get exposure to relevant clinical experiences and patients. The curriculum is system based meaning you are taught everything about one system - musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, etc. rather than broad topics covering all systems at once. There is countless opportunities to get involved on campus and in the Syracuse community. Faculty makes time to meet and work with you and are willing to answer any questions you may have about the material. There’s a lot of additional help resources available to ensure one is successful.
It's been great thus far! I can't complain about anything I'd like to see changed just yet. More of my complaints have to do with the environment of Syracuse in general and not the school. The neighborhood needs a huge upgrade in terms of fun things and places to go. Being from a big city, it feels a little empty here.
Upstate is a great school to attend. The academic quality is amazing and will prepare you very well for the national exams needed for your program.