SUNY Rockland Community College Reviews

My experience at Rockland Community College has been a roller coaster. Like any school, it has its ups and downs. The thing that stands out to me most is the teachers and academic advisors, and not in a good way. Throughout my journey trying to find out how to access scores, send transcripts, and try to get help to transfer no one has been helpful. Every time I make appointments to try to get help the teacher or advisor is late. When they finally arrive they give me vague answers that don't help in the grand scheme of things. The one thing I do enjoy about the school is that the campus is very nice.
SUNY Rockland Community College is a very underrated school. I believe they don’t receive the credit they deserve, for they have amazing opportunities and want the absolute best for all their students.
I am currently an Early Admit Student that attends Rockland Community College. Though I was prepared for college only mentally--With my intelligence-- I didn't feel comfortable going to this college physically. Still at senior in High school, I knew that everyone was older then me. I didn't think I would be able to fit in. However, once I entered campus and when to my first class the teacher was kind and the students were welcoming. Nobody questioned me on why I, a 16 year old senior in High School, was attending a community college. Instead, i fit in perfectly. What comforted me even more was the fact that where was other students who shared the same situation as me. They too are Early Admit Students who are in the same age group as I.
Start Your Review of SUNY Rockland Community College
SUNY Rockland has so treat delivered very well in terms of academics. Professors really engage and make a strong effort to help students succeed in the classroom and I never feel like there is a lack of support. There is also a lot to do on campus. There are so many clubs, a few of which I've joined this semester including Sustainability club, Habitat for Humanity, and stage crew for the theater department. Getting involved has helped me make friends and have fun!
One thing my school could improve on is the cafeteria options. They serve pizza, chicken tenders, sandwiches, and have a salad bar. This may seem fine to anyone who wants a quick bite to eat, but to those with dietary restrictions like myself (I have celiac disease so I have to avoid gluten) it can be discouraging to not have a selection of food to eat other than salad from a place that was most likely cross-contaminated with gluten-containing foods.
Rockland Community College is a small school but has a great selection of courses. It is inexpensive and the credits are easily transferable to other SUNY schools, making RCC an excellent choice for both first-time students and adults returning to school. They also offer a series of 8-week workshops open for anyone to register.
I am an Early Admit student in the Honors program studying Political Science. Really cool kids here. Classes are easy if you're not in the Honors program. I think they are almost too easy - but if you are a middling student it would probably be amazing. A lot easier than HS. Professors have been hit or miss, although this happens at most schools. Great value - $2,600 a semester is a steal, especially since Binghamton and the like are twice that, and that's not even including the absurdly expensive room and board. The campus is beautiful, and the faculty seems to really care about the students' inputs and voices. Very diverse student body in terms of race/ethnicity AND beliefs. Very happy with the different political perspectives encouraged in and out of the classroom. Overall, I'm very satisfied with my experience so far - I am confident I made the right choice in graduating HS early. (God Clarkstown North is awful...)
This place is like 13th grade. Professors are unavailable. Registration and financial aid offices are a joke. The security officers are nothing but bullies. Can't even find out who your advisor is. Professors give a ton of work and only grade a portion of what's handed in.
So far as an online student the college does not seem to have a handle on how to function without having you directly in the area to stop by at any moment. I had to drive across the state to take the entry test, when contacting the book store they were not very polite or helpful over the phone nor did they seem to understand that as an online student I wasn't available to just up and walk in to get my books or ask questions in person. I am hoping once the classes fully start for the year that everything will be better however I am now skeptical if that is possible.
Great prof's the students are always friendly to one another and the campus is small and very easy to navigate.
My experience so far has been quite average. I mainly just go straight to class and chat with a couple of friends here and there. The campus isn’t that fascinating. You see a lot of people you know.
This college is all about what you put it into. Growing up in the county it is easy to see this community college as lacking, and having attended it fresh out of high school I would have agreed. But having returned older and focused, I've realized that there are substantial resources available if you just ask.
If you are considering transferring definitely join the honors program. Get involved in clubs and activities on campus because there is something for everyone. The staff and administration are very helpful. The cafeteria isn't the best but will survive.
I liked the convenience of RCC, but if I were given a chance to redo my college career thus far. RCC definitely would not have been my pick.
Rockland community college is an amazing school. Everyone is very nice and nobody really causes problems here. The education is superb and the facilities are very nice. Sports is a big focus and the school is big for a community college
I would like to see more sports, like soccer for women. I like how there's different things to do in between classes like the game room. I like Rockland Community College because people for everywhere go here so you get a great change to meet new people.
Rockland Community College is a great school because they care about every student and want every student to succeed. RCC provides every student with the help require to be successful. It maybe a community college but its a great start to ones future. You wont regret attending RCC, all the personal at the college are amazing.
It’s a great college because it’s affordable and saves you a lot of money in the future. It has a lot a of diversity and it’s great if you look to meet new people.
Start Your Review of SUNY Rockland Community College
Rockland community College is not a bad college to attend if you just graduated high school. It would give you a good idea of how the college life is in terms of work but not so much of parties and other festivities like that.
Since i got in to RCC i knew my education was going to me sought through. I was gking to get the education i needed. My brother also went there and he told me it was a great stepping stone if you don't know what college to go to yet. RCC has a great tutoring center that is part of the tuition so if i or anyone else were to need help with almost any subject there are glad to help. The students are great too, yes there are cliques but someone will find themselves in more than one.
I have a good academic learning experience here at RCC. The business programs is good and the professors are knowledgeable about the courses.