SUNY Purchase College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.58 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.66 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.66 responses
Most Popular Majors
Liberal Arts and Humanities158 Graduates
Fine and Studio Arts Management75 Graduates
Drama and Theatre Production56 Graduates
Cinematography and Video Production47 Graduates
Creative Writing46 Graduates
Graphic Design36 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 35 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.62 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.110 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.33 responses
SUNY Purchase College Reviews
This school provides a solid education but the campus culture is awful. Purchase students are notorious for circulating the same low-level, uninspired new age counter-culture tropes to desperately avoid acknowledging the gaping chasm where campus community should normally be. Everyone is sensitive to a flaw, your speech will be stifled if you disagree with the general consensus. To put it short, SUNY Purchase is obsessed with mock profundity and recycled self-irony. Most students think that they are somehow enlightened or remarkably intelligent, when in reality they just spew basic progressive/socialist ideas. There is also a constant air of victimhood that stinks up the place, nearly every student feels disenfranchised, either by the government, high school, society, the media, gender stereotyping, --etc-- so that nobody has the drive to fight for a meaningful college experience. One cannot escape the feeling of mediocrity .
I loved my time at Purchase College! My professors were very intelligent and engaging. The fellow students at my college are by far the best part of the Purchase community. Purchase students are fiercely passionate, intelligent, caring, and compassionate. Here I have met some of the most talented and brilliant people in the world! Purchase is a great choice for those looking to be challenged.
Purchase is a place unlike many other colleges. It is diverse, open-minded, and generally accepting; I have met peers and faculty during my freshman year who have changed my life. Academics are fantastic, and although my program is still starting, I have big hopes for its future. Additionally, there is a great sense of involvement among the students in politics and government. Despite the positive aspects, many of my peers have had a looming issue with the campus police: UPD. They frequently harass students and have difficulty performing their job capably, especially when it comes to sexual assault.