SUNY Potsdam is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
State University of New York Athletic Conference
Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.34 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.39 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.39 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management78 Graduates
Music Teacher Education47 Graduates
Elementary Education45 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies34 Graduates
Mathematics & Statistics32 Graduates
Foods, Nutrition, and Wellness Studies30 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.48 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.68 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.28 responses
SUNY Potsdam Reviews
The professors here are on general really great across the board, you will always have a few that aren't great but that's every campus. If you like being in a small town away from the chaos of a big city, this could be the place for you. Another perk is the surrounding campuses- Potsdam is very much so a college town with 3 other collefes in close proximity. The area is great for outdoor activities as we are in Northern New York, home of the Adirondacks!
SUNy Potsdam is an awesome school. In my experience, the professors are very understanding and down to earth, and take time out to explain things to make sure you understand them. It is a wonderful campus with many clubs and activities, as well as great food!
As a freshmen, I've had the opportunity to live in two different dormitory buildings. My fall semester I resided in the Bowman Hall, Bowman East First-Year Interest Group floor. The custodians did an amazing job keeping the building clean and were speedy completing work order requests. However, living with Freshmen was an experience. Broken washing machines every other week, nasty bathrooms on the weekends after parties, loud music playing, running down the hallway at 4 am. For my spring semester, I moved to Draime, regular draime not the extension. I absolutely love it! It's clean, quiet, everyone worries about their own things, no drama and it's more of an upperclassmen building, so it's more study-friendly.