SUNY Potsdam is a public college located in Potsdam, New York. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 3,321 undergraduate students. Admissions is somewhat competitive as the SUNY Potsdam acceptance rate is 72%. Popular majors include Psychology, Business, and Biology. Graduating 52% of students, SUNY Potsdam alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $27,600.
NCAA Division III (without football)
State University of New York Athletic Conference
Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.34 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.40 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.40 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.49 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.69 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.28 responses
SUNY Potsdam Reviews
The professors here are on general really great across the board, you will always have a few that aren't great but that's every campus. If you like being in a small town away from the chaos of a big city, this could be the place for you. Another perk is the surrounding campuses- Potsdam is very much so a college town with 3 other collefes in close proximity. The area is great for outdoor activities as we are in Northern New York, home of the Adirondacks!
SUNy Potsdam is an awesome school. In my experience, the professors are very understanding and down to earth, and take time out to explain things to make sure you understand them. It is a wonderful campus with many clubs and activities, as well as great food!
When applying and touring, the campus and atmosphere were extremely welcoming. Everyone genuinely enjoys being there, and also encouraged others to also attend school there. The professors also have flexible schedules and do whatever they can to help the students succeed. Everyone is there to help each other which makes everything easy to navigate. The snow in the winter wasn't always shoveled in time to get to class on time, though professors were understanding.