SUNY Potsdam is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
State University of New York Athletic Conference
SUNY Potsdam Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
SAT Scores Range
ACT Scores Range
Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.34 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.38 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.38 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 21 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.47 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.67 responses
After SUNY Potsdam
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.28 responses
SUNY Potsdam Reviews
Review SUNY Potsdam
As a freshmen, I've had the opportunity to live in two different dormitory buildings. My fall semester I resided in the Bowman Hall, Bowman East First-Year Interest Group floor. The custodians did an amazing job keeping the building clean and were speedy completing work order requests. However, living with Freshmen was an experience. Broken washing machines every other week, nasty bathrooms on the weekends after parties, loud music playing, running down the hallway at 4 am. For my spring semester, I moved to Draime, regular draime not the extension. I absolutely love it! It's clean, quiet, everyone worries about their own things, no drama and it's more of an upperclassmen building, so it's more study-friendly.
My experience at SUNY Potsdam has been great. The professors are awesome. It's location is very historical and you can learn a lot about their history. It is surrounded by the Adirondack Mountains and the scenery is breath taking. They have lots of activities to keep the students busy. There are many challenges and last but not least, the safety and concern for student safety is impeccable.
Beautiful, natural environment, good food, nice people, helpful professors, and abundant resources. There are many events and extracurricular activities available on and off campus, and the staff is very nice. It is also interesting to attend a 200-year old (in 2016) college!