SUNY Polytechnic Institute is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
North Eastern Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.17 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.18 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.18 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management66 Graduates
Computer and Information Studies41 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering Technician36 Graduates
Computer and Information Systems Security32 Graduates
Information Studies31 Graduates
Medical Records Administration26 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.19 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.26 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.15 responses
SUNY Polytechnic Institute Reviews
Made my time away from home worth being away from home. Everyone here makes you feel welcome and they are so nice. My advisor is very helpful also. If you need help there are always people ready and willing to help. I was extremely nervous about the roommates that I would be paired up with, but they are both fantastic people. When not studying, there is a lot to on campus such as Raquel ball, clubs, and way too many to list here. My teachers were also very helpful with answering any questions that I might of had. Great college, great choice
I attend the college at the Albany campus, and the experience is really nice. There are not that many students here, so you get to know the teachers and make close friends. Also, you get a lot of internship and research opportunities here due to a lot of companies on site of the campus.
The school needs to improve in all areas. The campus center serves food that does not taste good and gives people the runs. The Student Center is slightly better, but it uses points from your meal plan and food can be expensive, but overall the food there has a decent taste. The residential housing can be improved. The furniture and look of Mohawk is outdated. When you enter the dorms in Mohawk and Adirondack you have to clean the place from top to bottom which means your room and the bathroom too, some rooms are outright disgusting and smell terrible. I feel that they should have maintenance come in twice a week to clean the bathrooms like they do in their modern freshman residence hall, Oriskany. The professors here are hit-or-miss, but older students who have taken the class can help you avoid the professors who are bad, but sometimes the bad professors are the only option for a required class. The Field House the school has is modern and the gym experience is nice for anyone who is into athletics or just wants to get in shape. The events the school throws can be fun and they have had illusionists, comedians, and game-shows for students who are bored and are looking for something interesting to do.