SUNY Plattsburgh Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.41 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.47 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.47 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management163 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies82 Graduates
Elementary Education55 Graduates
Hotel and Resort Management54 Graduates
International Business51 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.51 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.57 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.24 responses
SUNY Plattsburgh Reviews
The atmosphere and vibe on campus is very welcoming and friendly. Classes are great and so are the professors. Greek life is pretty common on campus but not stressed or forced on anyone. The dorms on campus (except whiteface!) are slightly above average and off-campus housing as well. The party scene is great, even when it gets cold (which it really does). Campus food is what you can expect for college). Diversity on campus is pretty good but practically non-existent off-campus. Fair warning: There have been incidents of racism and discrimination. However, I just finished my first year here and can say that I look forward to the next three!
There are so many opportunities at this college to get involved! So many clubs, activities, research opportunities, etc. I have been inspired by great professors to reach my academic potential and to step out of my comfort zone. Plattsburgh is also a beautiful location. 1 hour from Burlington Vermont, 1 hour from the Adirondack high peak region, and 1 hour from Montreal, and 10 minutes from the beach! Plattsburgh has lots of hiking trails on campus, a river, and a bike path on campus. Also, the dining halls are great. There is an organic Dining hall with a killer salad bar. There are plenty of options all around campus even for people who are vegan or gluten free.
Very welcoming. Everyone is weird here, but good weird. You’ll find your group instantly. Professors are very professional yet down-to-earth. Read RMPs before signing up for the class! Not too many clubs sadly, but you don’t need that to find your social circle.