High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.85 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.87 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.87 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management182 Graduates
Radio, Television, and Digital Communication116 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies105 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies78 Graduates
Elementary Education74 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 57 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.107 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.119 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 60 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.58 responses
SUNY Oswego Reviews
Oswego is not the best place to go if you are looking for academics. If you are looking to stand out of the crowd and apply yourself to school, the competition is not there. It seems what most people care about, in Oswego, is drinking and doing drugs. The dorms are falling apart on west campus, the food is terrible, and the greek life is shot. The sororities honestly chose the trashiest girls. If you sleep around you're popular and will get invited to all the frat parties. Besides the cold weather, hurricane like winds, and the trashy people who aim to just pass by with a C average SUNY Oswego is not worth obtaining a degree. Save your money and attend community college, aim for A-, or A's and apply to a top 50 university. The job market is too competitive and a degree from this place just won't land you a top career. If you're looking to stay mediocre, apply or stay in Oswego. Good luck!
SUNY Oswego has many opportunities and is full of amazing people. I have met some of the best people here. There is a variety of classes to take, from the arts to the sciences. There are even 3D printers! The campus is located right on Lake Ontario, so there is an amazing view of the lake from almost every building. There is almost always some activity happening on campus, so there is rarely ever nothing to do.
This college has such a great community overall and is very welcoming to people of all backgrounds. Each of the sections of residential halls, such as Lakeside, Central, West Campus, and the village all have their own niche of people. Lakeside is studious and friendly, Central is diversity and service learning, West Campus is urban and lively, and the Village is like a home away from home. Even living off campus is extremely easy as the college hosts an off campus housing fair each year and there is a public bus free for students that goes around most of the town. The Career Services department is award winning and extremely helpful with a focus on experience and industry rather than just major. There is a free health center, which also has a mental health counseling center and reproductive health care. It's a great place to learn and make friends.