SUNY Oswego is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
State University of New York Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.85 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.85 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.85 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management182 Graduates
Radio, Television, and Digital Communication116 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies105 Graduates
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies78 Graduates
Elementary Education74 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 55 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.105 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.117 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 58 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.58 responses
SUNY Oswego Reviews
SUNY Oswego has many opportunities and is full of amazing people. I have met some of the best people here. There is a variety of classes to take, from the arts to the sciences. There are even 3D printers! The campus is located right on Lake Ontario, so there is an amazing view of the lake from almost every building. There is almost always some activity happening on campus, so there is rarely ever nothing to do.
Once a laker, always a laker. This school has taught me so much. Practically live in Shineman as a STEM major, and the building is amazing! Nothing is better than getting out of a late class and walking home or to the lake to watch the sunset. Residence life and housing are the best people to talk to and work for! Plenty of different organizations to get involved in. Great school!
Oswego is a great affordable state school. The professors are really helpful and nice. The campus is beautiful although the winters here are horrible. The dorms are really nice and the food is good too. Overall, its a really good school and a nice town if you love partying!