SUNY New Paltz is ...
NCAA Division III (without football)
State University of New York Athletic Conference
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.81 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.90 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.90 responses
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 58 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.110 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.131 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 56 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.57 responses
SUNY New Paltz Reviews
I've loved every minute of being a student here. I feel like it really is possible to do whatever makes you happy without being judged. I'm not the typical sorority girl at all, but I am in a sorority here. I also do theatre, and these don't conflict at all! The sojourner truth library is pretty much my second home at this point considering how much time I spend there. The campus is incredibly beautiful and I find myself amazed at it every day.The classrooms are well kept and the professors are all incredible. The work load is rigorous but definitely manageable. The food is not always the best, but after your freshman year when you change your meal plan it gets significantly better. The night life isn't dead as some other posts said, you just have to know of what's going on! There's always either a frat party or a house show going on! On that note, you could also probably get into p&gs bar using a Pokémon card.
SUNY New Paltz was a great atmosphere for creative thinkers and those looking to inspire others through advocacy. The campus was very safe, professors were knowledgeable and approachable and the town was absolutely adorable and within walking distance of the campus! There was such diversity with clubs, activities, and Greek Life; there was really something for everyone.
The school has great academics but the night life here is non existent on the weekends i find myself in my room watching netflix. I didn't pay to go away to school to sit in my room. If you are used to a fast pace life get ready to just be absolutely bored. Everybody goes home most weekends leaving the campus dead. The school doesn't provide any interesting activities for it's students. Most activities are centered around LGBTQ and diversity topics which is perfectly fine just not my type of thing. The people are very close to their niches so if you don't click with anybody within your first week you're screwed. The nearest mall is a half hour away the town gets boring very quickly with only restaurants and bars. Everybody goes to a bar so if you don't have fake don't even waste your time here. There is absolutely so school spirit or excitement. I am deff looking into transferring asap!