1. Rochester, NY
  2. 2 Year

SUNY Monroe Community College Reviews

SUNY Monroe Community College provides a truly inspiring educational experience for each and every student that attends. The professors strive to make sure each student understands the material. The staff/faculty go above and beyond expectations as every assignment co-aligns with course curriculum which benefits the student as they advance through this school. MCC claims their tagline as "Inspiring Every Day", and it's quite funny - because it's absolutely true. MCC is an inspiring place for any student - no matter what major you are looking to go into.
I enjoy that MCC offers a great education. They offer great program and many learning areas that are dedicated to many different uses like anatomy, math, english, and an all purpose learning center. At each center they have professors who devote their time to helping the students when they ask. I really enjoy their 2+2 programs because it allows you to get all of your core classes out of the way for a cheaper price, but then are able to transfer to a 4 year school to finish out your college career at a program that they may have specialty in.
Going into MCC I was expecting the worst. All of my friends were going to four years, I was not. However going to MCC was probably one of the best things I have done. I lived on campus and I some of the best people I will ever meet, I also met some of the worst but that will happen anywhere. Living there was a lot different than I expected, it was actually fun. The RA's were not my favorite my second year living there. They were out to get you and it was their word against yours, they won. But hopefully they're all gone by now and they didn't pass down their tendencies. The school part of MCC was overall a good experience as well. Some teachers were boarder-line crazy while others were the best I will ever have. I still talk to some every now and then. The academic center sometimes helps but most of the time in my experience you're on your own, same goes for the fin-aid office.
Online classes are the best. They allow you to do your workload whenever it is best for you. The professors keep in touch every few days and post grades ASAP. It's easy to communicate with your professors and classmates, and look up your grades. Professors also leave feedback on your work. The technology has been great so far and I haven't had any problems with attending my classes online. I love the flexibility of taking courses online.
I have not graduated yet so I'm not sure but I have high hopes.
  • College Sophomore
  • 9 months ago
  • Value
The professors at Monroe Community College is one of my favorite aspects of this college. They are extremely friendly and flexible. They push you to be your best but not to the point where you feel stressed. They also are strict but flexible if need be. The courses are great as they cover all the basis of the subject and allow you to expand your knowledge in the best way possible. There are a ton of different classes you can take, which is nice so you're not taking the same things over and over again. Class sizes depend on the course you take which is to be expected, some classes are bigger than others but that's okay. I'm extremely satisfied with my college experience so far.
My major is psychology and so far, I have noticed that there is a ton of job and internship prospects for the students. I think that the career center services on campus are extremely helpful and are willing to walk you through anything you are having trouble with. The employers recruiting on campus are friendly and easy to talk to, pulling you in and catching your interest right away. Overall, I believe that the student career prospect of Monroe Community College is great and I honestly don't believe it could be better.
  • College Sophomore
  • 9 months ago
  • Value
My major is psychology and so far it's been great. The classes are challenging but not overwhelming to the point where I don't want to attend my classes. Overload is just the right amount and curriculum expands to all the basis of the classes. People are right when they said that MCC is the best community college in New York State. I wouldn't change my mind about attending this college.
The campus is downtown and across the street from the bus station so it's easy to get to home, work and fieldwork on time. My credits are building up and are easy to transfer because I'm in the transfer program.
I only take one class online and that's my math lab. My math lab was easy to register for and easy interaction.
I haven't graduated yet but they have job placement there.
  • 10 months ago
  • Value
Classes are flexible and easy to set up online. The average class size is 30 students. The class size also depends on who shows up also. There is different courses offered for Human Services offered at the downtown campus. The professors are super nice the ones I have so far. Some professors can come off as strong then once you get to know them they are friendly!
At MCC the alumni is around to come back to the clubs or campus for different events! Once a month the campus hosts job fairs on campus that includes various jobs in the community. Also, if you are a Human Service major at your fieldwork you can make connections in he community.
  • 10 months ago
  • Value
My Human Service Program offer real world experiences and that's what I love about it! My only problem is that the program director really don't help you find fieldwork.
There're many things to do on the campus! The professors are mic and easy to talk to. The clubs are perfect for your majors. I went to an event last week and it was amazing.
Was tough at first, but is great now.
If you work hard, you will find a job.
  • 11 months ago
  • Value
Professor Michael Wagner is the best math professor.
An MCC degree is very respectable in Rochester.
  • 11 months ago
  • Value
It's a ton of work. No spoon feeding, but you learn!