SUNY Jefferson Community College Reviews

The food is terrible, they employ some students who do not cook well and are known to be very dirty (hygiene and cooking area). We are always bored in the dorms because Campus Activities doesn't do so well in the entertainment field. Rooms are nice and modern. Residential Directors, Security and the Dean of Students are awesome, they are helpful, understanding. They remember how it is to be a college student and are there for you. The Professors are cool, occasionally you'll get one that is a complete ass, but that's rare. You are able to message and even text your professors and they will respond immediately, or the next morning. BEWARE: some professors do not tell you if they don't use Blackboard. If you are a joint admission major (Jefferson to Potsdam/Keuka/Empire/Oswego, etc), be wary that some or most of your credits will not transfer. You yourself must call those colleges and find out.
I thought the school was great when I went to the open house they had excellent hospitality skills and they help yoy with the paying for the college
Many student activities along with a welcoming staff and atmosphere. It has a clean campus and beautiful dorms with decent sized bedrooms and common spaces. The staff of Jefferson Community College are also very willing to help students meet their needs, whatever they may be.
Start Your Review of SUNY Jefferson Community College
It was a great experience to get my ready for a 4-year school. I transferred after a year and half and know for a fact it got me ready for more rigorous academic coursework.
It was nice and small, decent parking for those who commute like myself. The food was pretty disgusting, but the college itself was pretty nice. The library is a very nice, brand new building. The teachers I had were all pretty good, some better than others obviously, but overall it was a pretty good experience at JCC. There are many military people at the college given it's proximity to Fort Drum.
I recently completed my second degree at SUNY Jefferson and will be transferring to another college this fall. Jefferson was a stepping stone that helped me to adjust to life in college after having attended a small high school. The teachers were excellent and so were the classes. The campus itself is absolutely beautiful and I love their library. I can't say much for student life, as I wasn't involved very often. As a commuter student, I also can't speak for the dorms.
There are many good professors and staff members. It's best to make contact with friends, or other people you know, to find out if a professor fits your learning style before taking a course with them.
I liked that there was a variety of classes I could take but it stinks that the school doesn't do pluses or minuses. So if you got an 89 in a class then you would receive a B which would equate to a 3.0 which drops your GPA like crazy.
I was able to pick the times for my courses, which i really enjoyed.
I don't have any online courses at this time.
I'm not sure what the future holds for me, so I'm not sure what the secondary options are for school after these two years
So far, all of my instructors are very friendly, and seem passionate towards their field. Are willing to answer any questions, whether during or after school hours.
Had all of my questions answered, they put me in the classes i wanted to take, helping to steer me in the right direction towards my degree.
I've learned so much in just 2 weeks!
As my first college experience, it's been bumpy, but everyone is very approachable and will help to steer in the right direction.
I am taking 7 classes this semester while still working. If you work hard, it can be very easy.
The classrooms were smaller, allowing me to ask questions and my professors cared about my grades.
Start Your Review of SUNY Jefferson Community College
I made some great friends. I loved almost all of my professors! I worked very hard and my grades reflected that.
I have learned a lot about criminal justice since i have started my degree. It is a lot of work but very achievable.
Most professors are very easy going, polite and helpful. You get to inow your professors really well here because of the smaller classrooms. I love JCC!