SUNY Geneseo Reviews

I can imagine people who enjoy a cozy, quiet environment could like it here. I find it incredibly boring, even more than other colleges in the country that I have been to. The administration is helpful, but run by Marxists and gender-studies majors. There is such a degree of handholding and meddling, it often feels more like a summer camp than a University. The kids are friendly, but all sort of look the same.
Campus is clean, people are nice. Professors care enough. However, there is little to nothing to do other than go to class. Not much around. If you don’t have a car you will not have a good time here.
Geneseo was more than just a college; it was a community. I made so many friendly and professional connections there. There were constantly friendly faces available and professors very willing to help with whatever your needs may be.
Start Your Review of SUNY Geneseo
I transferred to Geneseo from a community college and it was very difficult for me to become acclimated to the campus. There are not as many clubs as I would have like and the ones that I have attended are somewhat disorganized. I would like to see more for new incoming students to become more involved.
SUNY Geneseo has a place for everyone. The are so my clubs and groups to join on campus that it’s very easy to find a place that you fit in. The biggest downfall of the school is the lack of support of mental health. Students are pushed abnormally hard and it seems like most professors think that the more students they fail the better their class is. Geneseo is home of the top high school student who is realizing that there’s other smart people out in the world.
Geneseo is definitely a SUNY that's more on the competitive side. My experience so far at this school has been filled with experiences both up and down. Though this school lacks in diversity and places to go, the community is very small where you'll meet many people. Clubs are all welcoming and many new friends can be made. Everybody is pretty much nice and caring. Food is pretty good as well, but you kind of get sick of eating it every day. I would recommend Geneseo if you're into smaller schools and the rural area.
It has taken me a while to get comfortable on Geneseo's campus as the college lacks in diversity and the undetectable welcoming environment. I like academic challenge of Geneseo, and that is about it! If you are not on a sports team or in a Greek cult, it is difficult to find a circle of friends. It also does not help that Geneseo is very cliquey. I made vows to leave almost every semester, and somehow I am going into my second year. If you can look past the repetitive food in the dining halls and like to be challenged , then Geneseo is the place for you!
So firstly the school is located in a small town name Geneseo, there is not much in terms of stores or areas to wallk around and see in the town. The campus looks nice and is surprisingly large. The school has an excellent AOP and TOP program to help new students adjust to the school during the summer and be given a advisor who will be the most helpful person you could ever hope for. Like many other schools applying for your classes can be tough. There are a many general requirements and those classes get taken easily. The school does not have a massive variety in business related classes. The music department is very excellent here, it is lenient if you are not a great player ( in my case a violinist) and also challenging and you have access to music tutors who will help you improve.
SUNY Geneseo is a wonderful university! The other students and campus staff are extremely welcoming and friendly. Although courses are rather challenging, you know that you'll come out a better student and individual in the end. Geneseo is a place that is about so much more than just an education but about preparing you for what life after graduation might be like.
My favorite part about Geneseo is the community. I've honestly never had so many friends that I can open up to and rely on. Even if you were the shy kid in high school, you'll find a place here. The school can always improve, though. Some students or groups don't always feel like they're heard and that the school ignores their issues.
I like that SUNY Geneseo has online ordering with every dining hall that is on campus where I can prepay for my food then skip the line and pick it up. I like that the area is really quiet which creates a calm environment for me to study both inside my dorm room or out on the grass. I also like that in order to get to class you must go up a hill where you get plenty of exercise and there would be almost no need for you to go to the gym. What I would like to see change is the party scene because there are parties but they are all very formal and specific to certain groups of students. The professors are not really up to date with technology so submitting homework online is a rare. Overall I have learned how to be independent and learn to adapt to the college campus life.
I am a Sophmore at SUNY Geneseo and H have to say that this university is very challenging but because it is relatively small, you can receive a lot of help from tutors or the professors themselves
Coming from New York City, and without a car, I hated this school. The student body was painfully homogenous and most of them from small town/cities in New York State. Add that to the extremely small 5k student body (Good luck seeing any new faces after about a week) and the social life is dull.

Food is mediocre and undiverse as expected from a school located in rural Upstate New York. Facilities are unimpressive and very old. You’ll have to deal with nothing interesting in a 10-mile radius.

You will hear things about how SUNY Geneseo is the top SUNY, hardest to get into, best graduation rates, etc. Don’t go here unless you’re majoring in liberal arts. Stony Brook, Binghamton, and Buffalo all are much better schools for STEM majors. Geneseo has pretty numbers but it actually ranks incredibly poorly in anything outside of liberal arts degrees.

I transferred after two years to a college in a large city and it was probably the best decision I’ve ever made in my life.
The campus is absolutely gorgeous, when does not have construction renovations occurring. The campus size is small enough that you can make connections easily, but large enough that you are sure to find yourself a niche in a wide variety of topics.
So far my experience at SUNY Geneseo is an enjoyable experience. The best part is the personal connection I have with my friends, professors, and staff. The small class sizes and small college community provide me a chance to grow close bonds that help me both academically and enrich my college experience through the extracurricular activities I take part in.
Geneseo has rigorous academic programs. It is a very small school so it is easier to reach out to professors and make yourself known. There are also many extra curricular activities and community events to get involved with.
Geneseo has given me opportunities that I never thought I would be presented. The Communication department is wonderful with impeccable professors. Challenging, yes. Totally worth it when people are impressed with your undergrad alma mater.
Start Your Review of SUNY Geneseo
SUNY Geneseo is located in the small village of Geneseo, NY. The community inside the campus and outside the campus is super friendly and inviting and you'll have no problem finding a home here. The food here is great and we have online ordering which makes getting food in a hurry really easy. If you get bored or sick of the on campus food there are plenty of cheap restaurants off campus that are affordable for poor college students. Eurocafe is one of my favorite restaurants off campus; the food is cooked fresh every day and the owner is super nice and the environment is welcoming. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved on campus and lots of clubs to join. If you download the KnighTime app you'll get notification when an event is going on. Geneseo is overall a wonderful school with a great reputation.
It's a small school which result in a close community. I'm from a small town so this school was a nice transition. The people are friendly and it's a perfect mix of seeing familiar faces and seeing new faces everyday. I'm a part of Korean-American Student Association (KASA) and it's one of the best decisions I've made here.
A small town college, our campus and students makes for at least half of the town itself. The way the area is set up, the town is very separated from other cities. However, you do not need a car to get around. Most locations are walk-able or there is a bus that will take you there. During my time there though, the college was going through many changes (getting rid of some important majors) so although it was listed as a liberal college don't expect much emphasis on arts or sports. Most people were science or business.