SUNY Genesee Community College Reviews

During my two years at GCC, I found the college to be great. First of all, it's extremely affordable. If you don't for know for sure what you want to do for the rest of your life, going to GCC is the best option. After two years, you can seamlessly transfer to a 4 year university and attend it for two years to earn your Bachelor's degree. I would say that we need more food options besides the cafeteria and the subway. I heard many people saying that it would be much better if we had a Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks or something along those lines on campus. It is a drive from the actual city part of Batavia, so a coffee shop on site would be great. I would also say that if you are attending college for a great "party scene", I wouldn't chose GCC. Also, the dorms NEED to be updated.
I really enjoyed the teachers and the atmosphere. Everyday students were laughing and gathered around like a family. I do think that there should be more selections of food and classes but overall, I loved the teachers and I made a lot of friends in a short period of time. I would definitely recommend this college for high school graduates who need guidance on college information and etc.
I love it here. Everyone is so nice and the professors are amazing. Great place to earn a degree for a career. If you need help the professors are willing to help in anyway. The campus is always clean and staff are ready to help whenever needed. The book store has every book, you don't have to wait long if you order the books online. Living on campus is nice there is security and it's always clean.
Start Your Review of SUNY Genesee Community College
I think that as far as community colleges go, SUNY Genesee is fine. Average. Community college is, well, community college. I've found the quality of the professors to be hit and miss, which is my biggest complaint. But the campus is nice, the staff is friendly and knowledgeable, and the academics themselves could be so much worse than they are.
SUNY Genesee Community College is a great school to start your future career journey. This school is a great place for new opportunities and a great environment to focus on your studies. I have met so many different people and learned so much through them all. My experience as a Nursing student has been very demanding, but also very rewarding. The professors are always looking out for your success as a student and want to help in any way possible. I have put my hardwork and dedication into my studies and it seems nice to know that my professors and fellow students are there to support me and help me drive me toward overall success.
GCC has endless opportunities for students to get involved. The professors are all hardworking and offer a great amount of support to students.
Ive taken one semester so far and love it. It doesn't feel like other community colleges are said to feel "like 13th grade of high school"
GCC is an amazing place where I met people that guided to a career I truly wanted that made me happy and actually want to get up every morning for work. It started a basis for the degree that I wanted to obtain.
Genesee Community College is an excellent college considering the fact that it is only a two year school. The campus is somewhat small and it isn't too hard to get around. The professors here are amazing and laid back. The food here is also good especially the french-fries.
I like GCC a lot. There are very interesting classes to take for really cheap! Very helpful for students who are unsure of what career path they want to be on and do not want to waste a ton of money in the process.
I love GCC. Everyone is so friendly and the professors really care about your success. I can't tell you how many times I have had issues with getting to class or even had issues on my papers, the professors where right there. Not only that but GCC offers free tutoring if you need it.
Very limited resources. The classes I took did not transfer. It was a small community college that doesn't have much. Only good for a 2 yr program but if you plan on transferring check other places first.
GCC is an amazing first step into academia. During my Junior and Senior years of high school, they arranged many field trips to the campus so we could get accustomed to the layout of the building--this helped tremendously. The faculty are eager to help you out in any way they can and the atmosphere is very accepting.
This is a great school with very friendly people and amazing faculty. They are always there for you when you need help and they also have a lot of resources to help the students succeed.
overall experience was great and very rewarding. easy adjustment from high school to earn my associates
My first year experience at SUNY Genesee Community College was definitely better than anyone I know. I lived on campus and the resident life was amazing that I'm now on the way of becoming an RA. In this school there so many opportunities to grow academically and be recognized for your achievement. What I liked about this school was the fact it takes you ab it out of your comfort zone. Also the extra help teachers provide is wonderful along with the students. This school is highly diverse and welcoming, two things I look for. If I can change anything the only thing I'd change is the food because it's not the best nor are the prices.
GCC was awesome first college to go to. Class sizes are small, which allows for quality teachers. The teachers there have learned how to work with the class, to get the most results.
Start Your Review of SUNY Genesee Community College
My first year at GCC I was able to get hands on experience in my major field of Human Services. The first semester volunteer hours in the field are required, in my second semester you had a field placement in your area of interest. The fact that we could choose both where we were going and were able to interact with clients in a professional matter increased my education value. The faculty is open to students coming in for help or questions and offer a wide range of office hours, they are aware that you can't go through this by yourself.
The transition from high school to college was smooth. GCC to me is like a high school with less drama, an increased amount of work, and much more freedom. I felt at home my first day at GCC, and eventually faces will become familiar to you.
Very unorganized, put you in classes you don't need, lose valuable paperwork and ask you to resubmit the same paperwork multiple times because they don't have it, tell you your good to graduate and then they realize that you still need more classes, and tell you 3 weeks before your set to graduate. I did finish but I would not recommend this school to anyone who wants a successful college career. Didn't learn anything from going there except hiw to deal with stupid people all day.
So far it has been a great experience. The staff and students are very helpful. They have a lot of resources for you to become successful. I am excited about my future.