SUNY Empire State College Reviews

The one-on-one support here is pretty great and hard to beat! My advisor is fully on-board w what I'd like to accomplish and understands my perspective.
I admit that I wish that registration part of the website were designed a bit more intuitively-parts of it are difficult to navigate.
They go above and beyond to help alumni achieve their highest success. I've never felt more support from a college before. The professors accommodate their students and will work with you as along as you put the hard work into the class.

The students are huge on team work and building others up around them. Everyone wants to see you do your best and with that said we all help each other.
GREAT school for those exploring non-traditional options. Can convert life experience into credits, can do 100% online school, at a campus, or a mix of the two. Lots of specialized degree programs, with the opportunity to customize your degree to EXACTLY what you want to do. Want to specialize in a program or degree area that doesn't exist? You get to create it. All staff I've dealt with have been friendly, positive, and dedicated to seeing students succeed.
Start Your Review of SUNY Empire State College
I work and attend school and the distance learning that is provided by Empire State College is easy to understand and taught by professors that genuinely care about their students. I would recomment this school to anyone who asked.
Diverse degree planning, excellent for full time workers, parents, older students. I finished my BS in one year.
This school has a wonderful online program. It is very straight forward and easy to use and navigate. I have been enrolled in other online programs and this is by far the best. Staff is wonderful and they have a great mentor program that they take very seriously.
I learned so much at this college! They offered a wide variety of courses, and I thoroughly enjoyed the diverse courses they offered. I love SUNY Empire State College!
This is not an easy college. You have to put the work in. I had studied more for these classes than when I attended CUNY many years earlier. Many teachers are involved and some are not as much. The class discussions are key to the most successful learner. I highly recommend this school for 100% MOOC online learning.
It is a great school with great faculty and professors. The degree selections are great and they have a wonderful distance learning program.
If you would be open to attending an affordable college, working with a mentor, and open to attending classes through an online experience then SUNY Empire might just be what you are looking for. (Especially if you live in New York State) SUNY Empire has many satellite campuses across the whole of New York State, with its main campus in Saratoga Springs, New York. I personally took classes online through the college; even though I lived in Rockland County, NY, there was a satellite campus right in Nanuet, NY (only 15-20 minutes from where I live.) The college is usually very good for working people, who possess a job and still want to take classes and earn their degree at the same time. The professors of Empire State are very helpful with all kinds of questions as well, according to my own experience. Overall it is a very good school of higher education.
This is a great college for non-traditional students. If you are a working adult or parent with kids at home this school is designed for your convenience. I was both of these types of students at some point while attending and the flexibility to attend courses online or in a mixed classroom/online setting was the best!
The College allows you to personalize a degree plan to meet your needs, but the professors aren't as involved in the education process as most schools.
I am excited and happy with my experience so far with SUNY Empire State college. Though I haven’t started classes yet; talking to my mentor alone has helped me become more excited. I found SUNY Empire State College through a co-worker who loves going to the school online. I am excited to begin my future
You can take online courses and degrees and work at your own pace. You can get credits for life experience and work experience.
I absolutely love this College. After many yrs I returned to school and went straight thru as a full time student gett8ng my Associates degree and then a Bachelors. Loved most professors and my mentor was the best.
I recommend this school to anyone who is returning back to school. My son also left Kingsbury and attended Suny Empire State. We graduated together. Twice!!!
After attending 1 year of community college as a nontraditional student, I transferred to SUNY Empire. My overall experience was good. One objection I experienced was the different expectations each professor required for discussion boards. For example, one would issue a 1-paragraph requirement while a second wanted MLA style with citations and no less than 500 words.
SUNY Empire State College is a great school for a non-traditional adult student like me. I have been accepted for an online Associates Degree program, and have been assigned a professor-mentor to guide me in planning my courses. I am excited about the challenges of taking courses online, and the flexibility to integrate the classes into a busy life with adult responsibilities. I am looking forward to the Spring 2 term that starts in March, and also to learning the information and skills that will empower me to make a career change from retail to marketing.
Start Your Review of SUNY Empire State College
I just finished my first semester and am having a great time learning at SUNY Empire. It has been a wonderful and exciting experience!
Faculty are very helpful. For mathematical students the used of Maple software is required in most courses of precalculus level or higher. There are many wonderful teachers at this school. Distance learning allows an additionally convenient option for working students. A lot of courses to choose from in many subject areas including science and mathematics.
SUNY Empire State College gives you a variety of learning options unlike other schools. They make it possible for you to be able to get an education while working. You can either do in class study, online study, group study or independent study.