SUNY Downstate is a public college located in Brooklyn, New York in the New York City Area. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 213 undergraduate students. Popular majors include Nursing, Physician Assistant, and Health Service Preparatory Studies. SUNY Downstate alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $70,700.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Niche may be compensated by the third party lenders and others who place ads on the website. Niche is not a lender and does not endorse the products of these advertisers. Fees that Niche receives for ads do not affect the terms you may be offered by the lender you choose. There are many additional borrowing options available.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that the workload is easy to manage.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.5 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.6 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
SUNY Downstate Medical Center Reviews
SUNY Downstate all in all is a good school because it's affordable, diverse student population and workers are humble people. Administration can be a bit disorganized but I think that's a lot city schools. I think if you're looking for quality and affordable education, you can't go wrong with SUNY Downstate.
Since the accelerated nursing program is under a new director, it’s normal to see change and uncertainty throughout the program. However, with the support and help of faculty, the changes are miniscule and haven’t been hard to deal with.
I am currently attending SUNY Downstate. The professors and students are great and motivated. However, the accelerated nursing program is missing organization. Schedules are not clear and it seems like nothing is set in stone. This can be frustrating for students.