SUNY Cortland is ...
NCAA Division III (with football)
State University of New York Athletic Conference
SUNY Cortland Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.64 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.70 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.70 responses
Most Popular Majors
Sport and Fitness Management138 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science130 Graduates
Elementary Education126 Graduates
Physical Education Teaching and Coaching100 Graduates
Managerial Economics95 Graduates
Speech Language Pathology68 Graduates
Special Education and Teaching59 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.70 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.83 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.32 responses
SUNY Cortland Reviews
SUNY Cortland is a great school to excel academically and socially! The professors are willing to work with students to ensure that they are understanding the course material and getting the best grades possible. There are also resources such as tutoring, the library, and study sessions available to students who want to go the extra mile to do well. In addition, there are numerous amounts of clubs and organizations to become involved in on campus. One draw back is class space is limited, so when registering for classes, a lot of students may not get into the classes they need to take. Also, there is a lack of diversity, but it is going to increase with the incoming classes. I suggest visiting the school/ talking with the admissions office/visiting the school's website for more!
SUNY Cortland is an awesome college! I studied sport management and all the professors in my department have real-world experience in the industry which is important. We have a state of the art fitness center which has anything you can imagine, and probably more. Going to varsity games is fun and the dining halls are decent. If you like to party, youll love Cortland even more. There is always a reason to go out and drink with your friends and the bar scene is legit. If youre not a partier, thats cool too, there is always SO much going on campus youre sure to have fun without drinking. The city itself is a neat, they recently received a 10 million dollar grant to renovate downtown. Huge economy boost. Syracuse's Destiny mall is a half hour away and SUNY Cortland sponsors trips to go there so if you or your friends dont have a car, you’re good. Ithaca is 25 minutes away and is a very cool town, theres trails to hike and its great if you just want to get away from Cortland for the day
Great place to be! Wonderful people, beautiful campus. Dorms are great! I would prefer to be in a double rather than a triple, but I have no other complaints. I enjoy the overall atmosphere of the people and scenery. The school has a way of making learning very enjoyable. the teachers are great and very easy to understand. My one real problem with the school is the area around the school. The area is very quiet which in way is a good thing, but I would prefer the area to be more commercial.