SUNY College of Environmental Science & Forestry Reviews

People there were very friendly and inviting when I went to one of their open houses. The tour guides were current students there and were very informative.
This school is incredible, the academics, the campus, the professors, it is all so amazing! This school is rigorous with its freshman, so don't expect to sail though classes easily. After that, the doors are wide open, and with all kinds of natural science going on, you can never be truly bored. Science heavy, but that is how I like it.
Awesome student and learning atmosphere. The faculty and staff genuinely want you to succeed. The food at the Trailhead is quite yummy too!
Review SUNY College of Environmental Science & Forestry
When I visited the dorms were really nice, all the kids and teachers seemed really positive and enthusiastic about the environment. It seems like a hard school but the hard work will pay off for anyone going to ESF.
SUNY ESF is overall a great school. Everyone is generally enthusiastic and the atmosphere is always optimistic. It lacks in diversity, but this is slowly changing (SLOWLY). Administration actually listens to students and genuinely tries to improve things. Campus is small and can be cliquey, but not competitive. Students are always willing to help one another. The school has a good reputation in the science community; some majors are definitely more difficult than others.
SUNY ESF has been nothing short of bliss. Every professor on campus is so knowledgable and intelligent in their field, and are willing to extend a helping hand. Any interests and questions I have outside of my major can be answered easily by other faculty.
I thoroughly enjoy my experience at ESF so far. Everyone; students, staff, and professors alike are very enthusiastic to teach and share knowledge. Almost everyone here is on a first name basis even our president. The small size of the campus makes it very easy to get things done and have your concerns heard. The coursework is challenging but not unfair most professors are really understanding.
Very nice small college located in Syracuse, the course work is demanding but the atmosphere on campus is excellent. The student body is active and engaging, and the faculty genuinely seem to care about their students. There is a great deal of opportunity to work with instructors on projects during the summer and internships and coops are encouraged.
SO far, from numerous visits, I am very excited to attend this school. Everyone is friendly and like-minded!
The dorm rooms are new, and you and your roommate receive your own bathroom. Their is also a thermostat in every room. Their is also an indoor bike garage in the dorm building.
Their isn't a Greek Life at my college but most students are not interested.
Since SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry is partners with Syracuse University all the students are very associated with Syracuse sports. Syracuse is known for their athletics. The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry does not have many sports teams but the programs are growing more and more each year and receive a lot of support. Their soccer, basketball, and cross country teams are the most popular.
My school is unique because it is a specialized school. Everyone that attends the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry is like-minded and environmentally focused. At Accepted Students Day the atmosphere was friendly, passionate, and positive. This college allows me to have the small, private school experience while also paying SUNY tuition and being beside the large university of Syracuse.
From what I saw and heard from students, SUNY ESF's campus is safe and secure. I was informed about the police department at both ESF's campus and Syracuse University's campus.
Centennial Hall, SUNY ESF's residential building, is absolutely amazing. Staying the night in one of the dorm rooms was a great experience. Centennial Hall is a nice and well kept building, and everyone seems to take care of it. All options seem really good, like double rooms, triple rooms, and the double suites. Everyone seems to get along with eachother because they socialize and always hang out in each others rooms and socialize. I really look forward to dorming there in the fall.
I will be attending SUNY ESF as a freshman in the Fall of 2016; however, I have already fallen in love with the school. At first, just reading about it online did not seem to pique my interest. I knew I wanted to major in Chemistry but I was focused more on getting accepted to other schools like Stony Brook University. That was until the first weekend of April 2016 when I attended ESF's Explore Your World Bus Trip. There, we arrived at ESF and spent the day taking tours, exploring, and mingling with other accepted students who were also considering ESF. My favorite experience was participating in an evening scavenger hunt with some friends I had made. We even stayed over for one night there. I loved the overall vibe I got from the entire campus, the students included. I am certain that SUNY ESF is the right school for me. Ultimately, I'm glad I did the bus trip; if I did not, I would not be going there in the fall.
SU's partnership with ESF make athletics a lot of fun.
Review SUNY College of Environmental Science & Forestry
SUNY ESF is the best. I love it here and I'm so excited to start my classes.
I am loving the student life and academics so far!
dorms are amazing, so much offered, very easy to choose housing, is expensive but we get our own bathrooms!