SUNY College of Agriculture & Technology at Cobleskill Reviews

I am currently a student of Cobleskill. The college' atmosphere and environment is great. The professors are very helpful and find the best way to make students comfortable in their majors.
Professors are always very helpful, with plenty of resources to send you on your career path. Wish they offered more diversified classes for electives and majors. Would like to see more majors be added to the roaster. The food and dorms are very low quality; recommend eating and living off campus if possible. High diversity as SUNY Coblekill has a foreign exchange student program. Parties are off campus and are usually not that thrilling. Safety is highly maintained on and off campus. The surrounding town is full of run down houses and fast food place, kinda reminds me of a thur-way stop. There are planned events and clubs for students to partake in, it's all up to the students to make the most of their experience at school.
Great college for Pre-Vet,Culinary, psychology and IT <(80% of tha majors in the college) Not much diversity but enough to not feel alone. Student life could do better event for the student. Food is pretty good actually.
Start Your Review of SUNY College of Agriculture & Technology at Cobleskill
I absolutely adored spending every Monday in my Fisheries Techniques class for 5 hours out of the day. The entire class was a lab and we mostly got to go outside and it was just an amazing experience each time learning something new about the class. My electives were alright as well.
There is nothing positive this place offers that cant be offered anywhere else. Do not waste your hard earned money and time. I, and several other students, have come forward about several issues in reguards to safety, access for people with disabilities, and numerous other complaints. They are too rooted in their discriminating beliefs to care about their "other" paying students. Easily the worst school I have ever associated with and dont plan on associating with ever again.
It is My first year, I can not say much. but so far my experience at Suny cobleskill has been good I have taken multiple classes with mixed results. I also had many learning experiences though not all were college related. thanks for offering me this scholarship opportunity.
Friendly atmosphere and great view. Small campus very accessible. Great animal related programs/ majors.
I like everything about the campus especially that it is hands on, nothing can be changed. I also believe that the athletics and the coaches are great. The alumni and the people on the campus are wonderful. The climate is great.
This is an excellent school for agricultural programs and the biotechnology program. There are some issues with it though.
Coby is very much farm life with a hint of people coming up from the city to study culinary or early childhood. If you like going to Walmart and hanging out with farm animals, coby is your school. The food on campus is okay, lots of different choices and places to eat.
I just completed my first semester at SUNY Cobleskill and I have had a great time. It's definitely hard to get around unless you have a car and being from the city, I don't. The year started off with a lot of fun activities for us to do but as the semester went on the activities got really boring and they started to restrict the things we were allowed to do over campus so that was frustrating. Overall though, I have had a pretty positive experience with the professors that I've had so far. Also being a part of the soccer team, the athletic department is very good and thorough and strives to make sure all student-athletes are committed and have the recourses that they need.
SUNY Cobleskill is a great college. They accept many cultures and their student life is very focused on making the students feel comfortable and have a great college experience. There is many different majors such as the Animal Science Business Technology with a concentration of Canine. The canine program is a great program. All the people that are included or sponsors are like family. They can talk to one another about anything. This college is great for meeting people that care about your future and success.
Some aspects of SUNY Cobleskill that I like is the friendly staff and that diversity among the campus. However, I would like to see improvement on communication between staff and students/residents.
My time at my SUNY Cobleskill was spent well. I was given the opportunity to meet people from all over NY and some other states. The professors for the most part were all excellent at their teaching. It is a beautiful campus with immaculate scenery. If you don’t like small towns then I wouldn’t suggest Cobleskill, it is very small and everyone tends to gather at Walmart.
The food at this school is really good, a lot of it is homemade. The classes are very hands on, the professors are caring and understanding, and the animals on campus are fun to visit. There are fun places nearby such as Howe Caverns and a discount movie theater.
I am a frist year sudent and it has not been that bad. I enjoy the wildlife classes and that the classes are small and you get more out of the class cause they are small. I would like the dorms to be better but they are ok.
Food:
It is not that great. Only go to Champlin for breakfast. Prentice is good but they are closing for a year for renovations. Twisted Whiskers is like a subway.
Academics:
Not that much homework, but I feel like I am getting a great education.
Professors:
The professors care and they are really easy to talk to.
Dorms:
Freshmen dorms is not that great but there is more community because everyone is new. In the upperclassmen dorms, the dorms get better but because everyone already has a friend group, no one really mingles with other people outside of said friend group.
Safety,
UPD makes sure that everyone is safe. You can go to them for any problems you may have. The blue light system is great as well.
Start Your Review of SUNY College of Agriculture & Technology at Cobleskill
I love cobleskill. Everyone is so nice and friendly and willing to help and theres a lot of fun things on campus to do but it is in the middle of no where and nothing to do off campus. The next big city is 40 minutes away.
I like my school, SUNY Cobleskill. You can take the bus to the town (ex. Walmart) and to the mall in Albany. Also, there are many great programs to helped me, with those programs, I got a great score on my papers. There are many professors who help me a lot.
It's a great place if you love the out doors and fresh air. Very smart and experience professors. The classes are unique and very hands on. This college is not a party school but still many great activates to do. The professors are very helpful and nice. The courses are very flexible in learning.