SUNY College of Agriculture & Technology at Cobleskill Reviews

The agricultural atmosphere is one that I am very familiar with, and one of the main reasons I chose to study here at SUNY Cobleskill. There are so many opportunities, not only with agriculture and animals, but also with so many clubs and activities. I recommend this university to anyone who is looking for a small state school with a rural setting and lots of farm animals.
Currently enrolled, I thoroughly enjoy the amount of diversity, the food is decent but could always be better, most professors are nice to work with. One of the things I wish would expand is the off-campus student life, like places to shop or other entertainment options.
The people are great and very sociable. Small college, classes are small and easy. Food is okay. However, its really expensive.
Start Your Review of SUNY College of Agriculture & Technology at Cobleskill
Have more programs for students for academic help for example tutors that more available to help with studying for midterms and Finals.
I love that all of the programs here are very hands on which is great for me as a visual learner. The staff and professors here also put in so much effort to help you with finding jobs in your desired field. If you want to transfer to another school for any reason, it is easy to transfer to another SUNY school. The one thing I would like to see improve is the food in our main dining hall so that there are healthier options. That being said, there are people currently trying to remedy that.
Hands on learning, great professors, fun and welcoming environment, and my major (Wildlife Management) is amazing
My first two months at Suny Cobleskill have been great. I feel that the things that should be changed is the dorms they need to have strict rules about being quiet at night for kids to get there rest and to more importantly study.
very hands on college for agriculture. there are riding teams that travel and compete among other colleges. great atmosphere for students. many clubs and activities going on.
The atmosphere is very welcoming. The teachers actually talk and understand students and help students with issues. The dorms are clean and simple but enough room to decorate to make it feel more home like. This college is a good choice for students to apply to.
SUNY Cobleskill is beginning to loose it's identity. What was once a school limited to the technical and applied engineering fields pertaining to agricultural and mechanical fields, is rapidly becoming a typical liberal arts college.

SUNY Cobleskill has been pushing courses not related to majors, which has led to a severe incline in their drop-out rate and failure rates. If SUNY Cobleskill would focus on engineering and agricultural courses, and dump the liberal arts class, they could once again become a leader in the "AG" world.

Furthermore, SUNY Cobleskill tries to find fault with the mindsets and beliefs of the rural students. They need to understand that us "Farm kids" are more conservative then the urban "city slickers" and always will be. Don't look down on us because of this fact of life!
SUNY Cobleskill has many hands on learning opportunities for every major. Professors are willing to help you, whether learning or personal issues arise, and it’s overall a peaceful yet fun learning environment!
I will be a new student this fall to Cobleskill, and they have welcomed me with open arms. I transferred from West Virginia University because that school was way too big for my comfort zone and I felt like a number instead of a person. Here at SUNY its much smaller and all of their programs are hands-on and interactive with their students. The professor to student ratio is much less intimidating that West Virginia's was and I am super excited to become a tiger in the fall!
I have not yet started college at SUNY Cobleskill but will be in the fall. I am super excited to start school there in the fall because the town of Cobleskill is much like my hometown small and is a tight knit community like mine. I am looking forward to running cross country for SUNY Cobleskill in the Fall as well.
The environment is great to be around. The only change I would like to see is the smell of cow shit. There is a constant smell of cow shit in the morning and late nights. Besides that the college itself is pretty good. I enjoy it very much.
They are in need of better professors that actually teach the students. Besides that, the college itself is decent except the cow shit that you constantly smell.
SUNY Cobleskill is large and well maintained campus with very friendly staff and professors who are dedicated to helping students get the most out of their time there. Labs and classes are very hands on and lead by staff who you know have years of experience in the field. Students are encouraged to try new things and participate in many fun and educational activities that take place on and off campus. The town surrounding campus is also very welcoming to the students who go there. The farm and other facilities such as a USDA run slaughter and processing facility located right on campus make for a very unique college experience. The campus also feels very safe, even at 1 am when walking to a barn check!
I thoroughly enjoy my time at SUNY Cobleskilll. I have made a lot of long lasting connections with professors and friends that have genuinely helped me grow as a person. I am glad I chose this college due to the friendliness, support, comfort, and welcoming I have recieved. I have even become an resident assistant on my campus in order to give back to my college community who has so generoisly given back to me with open arms and a smiling face.
Start Your Review of SUNY College of Agriculture & Technology at Cobleskill
I like that you're surrounded by people from all over. It's fun to be around so many diverse people. Having so many things to do on campus keeps things interesting.
Attending Suny Cobleskill wasn't my first choice. There also are a lot of flaws and miscommunication with in this school that i don't agree on. But I will say that it has help me to mold my self in the phonemail women I am today. Since the lack of communication between staff and students was scarce I managed to learn how to do a lot of things on my own. I also like to think that it taught me how to appreciate what I am learning in the classroom.
SUNY Cobleskill is a quiet, small school that not many people have heard of. Although at first glance this school may not be fit for most people, the hands on learning at this school is beneficial to all. Students have opportunities to work hands on with animals, tools, equipment, and out in the field participating in real experiments. This school prepares students for the real world.