SUNY College at Oneonta Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.64 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.65 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.66 responses
Most Popular Majors
Managerial Economics143 Graduates
Elementary Education113 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies79 Graduates
Family Studies and Consumer Sciences78 Graduates
Human Development78 Graduates
Music Management72 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.70 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.88 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.35 responses
SUNY College at Oneonta Reviews
I’m a Freshman at Oneonta, and in the short time that I’ve been at Oneonta I’ve learned a whole lot. As a first in family minority student, I was reluctant to go to a big school not known to have a diverse student body. However, I’ve noticed the freshman student body is more diverse than I expected and the school is not as big as I thought. I see many of the people in my hall around campus. The class sizes are small 15-25 students. The city of Oneonta is cute and transportation to the mall and other main spots is easily accessible. The RA’s are always there to help me with anything big or small. The freshman dorms seem to be the newest! The food is okay, it’s not moms cooking but there’s a lot of selections and 3 main dining halls around campus. Professors have overall been very supportive and helpful. Overall my experience has been very good. There’s many clubs and organizations that can help one branch out and meet new people, College is what you make it!
My experience at Oneonta was pretty amazing. College is what you make it though. I took advantage of all that the college had to offer by ingraining myself in the college community (eg joining clubs, becoming a tour guide/orientation leader). While I enjoyed almost all the courses I took, as I reflect back in my experience, i don’t think they were challenging enough for me (I graduated magna cum lauds). The only issue I have is their career services and alumni network have not helped me at all in my career. It took me 10 months post-college to find my first job in finance despite my academic success.
Coming in to SUNY Oneonta as a transfer student i had to make new friends new connections and get to know a new area again, so far it has been fairly interesting, I made a couple friends already my GPA is a 3.5 and i made it on the deans list. Im excited to see what the next few yers hold for me!