SUNY Buffalo State College Reviews

1,323 reviews
Buffalo State is good school to attend. The curriculum and professors are good. Housing is very difficult to deal with at this school. They accept too many students for so few spaces available.
I have not yet attend Buffalo State, I will start my first year this fall. Though there I hope to expand my passion for teaching.
The best part of Buff State is the diversity. I love how seriously in every one of my classes there's just a total mix of people. Also, some of my professors really make classes as interesting as possible and fun. I loveeee the bookstore Starbucks; it is my happy place. Most students in my classes have honestly been friendly. On the downside, the library is a little weird. It is very broken up and doesn't make sense. In addition, this may sound bad, but there are a lot of older students. It just kind of makes the experience weird having so many middle-aged people mixed in with the young college students. I'm a transfer student so I want to get into the party scene, but being in Buffalo the bars are pretty convenient!. There are too much sexual assault and crime reports. Better security is a must. I like Buff State so much more than I thought I would. The education department is awesome!!
Start Your Review of SUNY Buffalo State College
It is a very welcoming environment. Many activities and evens go on there to interact with one another.
I'M an undergraduate freshman and believe me when I say this college is going to be the best experience I ever had
I love how the people at Buffalo State creates everyone. They are so nice when I first got here. It was a little scary at first but when you get to know someone its fun after a week.
Buffalo State is a good school for certain majors, such as Education. Many other majors struggle because of the lack of motivation by the professors. Buffalo State wrings you out dry for all your money, then turns around and kicks you off campus as a Senior, leaving majority of their Senior students stuck with a SCAM for off-campus student housing as a last resort option. The diversity is great, but the food, some dorms, and the campus scenery needs to be worked on. SO much construction is being done at once, making the campus look very unappealing.
I like the college overall. I get help when I need it from professors. We have a lot of resources available. A few things that I don't like would how the bathrooms are kept. They are always dirty. I also am not a fan of the food. I like the idea of all the options but the quality could be much better.
Buffalo State is a fine college. I have not had any problems so far. I just wish there was more programs to choose from as I have to transfer now because the school does not have what I want.
It’s a good college but you have to be on your feet.

It is really diverse and unique compared to most colleges.

Very open to new cultures and a safe society
The life of being a college student at Buffalo state is what you make it. There is so many things that you can do to make your experience the best that it can be. You can choose to go out or you can choose to stay in. There are many clubs and organizations that you can join. There are a variety of people to interact with.
The faculty seemed nice enough. They understand the subject matter and communicate it well. Perhaps I'm not the best person to write this, I graduated from Buffalo State in 2008, and my last semester was bad. All I'm saying is, if you want to be an Elementary Education and Reading major at that school, make sure all your professors support you in becoming a teacher.
I love the fact that my counselors are on top of things when I need help. I also love how everyone gets along whether they're from a different city or state. Buffalo State is a great college and I'm glad I was able to attend.
Only thing I would change is maybe the menu, more food choices.
Buffalo State is possibly one of the better SUNY Colleges due to its diverse and fun environment. You interact and network with so many different personalities on a daily basis and you get to know more about many different cultures. The Student Life is also extremely active on campus, there are so many organizations to choose from and they are all fun and exciting. The classes and professors are most times easy and very open to communicate or assist you with anything needed .
I’m a student athlete at Buffalo State and I like how they try to keep every athletic team close to build an rapport. I have met wonderful staff members that wanted the best for my future & made me work to improve. I would improve the food in retail and dinning halls though . Buffalo State is a good college overall. They have many activities & there is always something interesting going on at Buffalo State. It’s important to communicate and meet new people & opportunities will come in every aspect like internships, joining a club , and much more ... Its average but I appreciate Buffalo State
What I liked about when i visited buffalo is how kind the people where . The dorms are spacious and are really nice . They have great programs .
SUNY buffalo is so much fun , the professors are easy o talk to and care , Even living in the dooms you make lifelong friends and the RA's are always there even if you're scared.
Start Your Review of SUNY Buffalo State College
I love the diversity of the school, and the drive our president has for everyone to succeed. I liked how everyone is one community, and there’s a lot of unification with each other. When I️t comes to communication, the professors are always trying their best and make I️t as convenient for the students as possible. The campus is in a good location close to Elmwood village with things to do. The food court could be much better but the retail options are decent. A little overcrowded and can be difficult to get classes.
Buffalo State is so diverse easy to connect makes friends lovely campus. I didn’t even visit the college I was there as an EOP student I thought there was actually more to the college. The vibes on college is so welcoming you forget the food is terrible . When students go home for the break they alwayssss want to come back because of the great people and connections they make with others .
I love this college so much greatest decision I made despite the bad food the parties are amazing as you get higher the dorms are better but other than that lovely .