SUNY Buffalo State College Reviews

1,341 reviews
SUNY Buffalo State College is a Great 4-year college to attend. it's very diverse, the living areas are clean and the help provided to students are effective and efficient.
I have been fortunate to have received the one-of-a-kind oversight and devotion the faculty and staff at SUNY Buffalo State College afford to their students. My undergraduate experience at Buffalo State has been a transformative one, thus far. Within the history department, more specifically, the professor's serve as a constant source of inspiration and are always pushing students to actualize their full potential. Moreover, in working with such an exceptional set of professional's serves as a reminder of just how much one can develop – as a student, as a person, and as a member of their greater-community – when they apply themselves and when they can access the one-of-a-kind mentorship that I have been fortunate to receive at Buffalo State College.
Overall the School is great and has a great CIS department. There's a lot to do from various of programs they offer. The college has lots of activities and it doesn't exclude Commuters. They have a department called the Career Development Center wich helps student fro Freshman- Grad students to find jobs on and off campus.
Start Your Review of SUNY Buffalo State College
Buffalo State College provides day, evening and online classes. This makes it convenient especially for students that have full time jobs. The campus is very clean and well lit for anyone walking to their vehicles in the evening.
SUNY Buffalo State is an overall great college if you’re willing to do the work and are motivated about your future. I do believe some of the professors act is if the outcome of their students are not In their hands. I would like to see the professors more involved with their students.
The small class sizes guarantee that you can get attention from the professors. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved with research in one of the many labs. A few things could be more user friendly, like how to print in the library.
I really like the diversity this school has, because it reminds me of home and it has a very calm atmosphere.
What I like about Suny Buffalo state is that the environment very interactive and Engaging in areas your unfimilar with so very helpful so to speak
Honestly, Buff State is where it’s at. Classes are easy to get into, the academic advisors are usually always available whenever you want to go visit, there’s diversity, people are friendly, staff around the campus are friendly as well, etc. & If you’re looking for a lit party school, you’ve come to the right place! The only bad thing is the food. But other than that, I love it here.
the campus is big and diverse. there are also so many clubs and activities to join. I dislike the dining food.
If you want to well diverse campus, plenty of opportunities, and the parties are wild. Then buffalo States is your option!
I have just completed my first year. It was overall a great experience but like many things it has its pros and cons and may not be for everyone
At first I felt like Buffalo State wasn't the college for me because I didn't make a lot of friends and peers. However I was doing great academically. The teachers that I had my first year with were good. They were never in a hurry for us to learn something if an individual didn't understand the teachers would take the time to explain and even make sure they stop by during their office hours to get a better understanding. However as I progressed during the year, I started going to more events, meeting more people. I joined an Organization called the Caribbean Students Organization where I feel like I learned a lot regarding the meetings and events they had. There is always something happening on campus whether it be a party or a get together. Its good vibes.
Well rounded teachers
Amazing reasouces
Fun culture
Parties amazing
Food on the okay side
Clean dorms
All the students I've met we're really nice and easy to befriend. The campus is not too big, so going for walks is fun and the city is fun to explore.
I've had a good experiences while attending Buffalo State. The professors have been excellent. It"s a diverse campus. The only negative is the parking.
After attending Buffalo State for my freshman year, I could not take it and had to leave. I'd rather spend a year at a community college before transferring than to stay there one more day. I just couldn't take it any longer. I will just say this. It is hard for a student to succeed in anything if there is no sense of support and community present at the school. I don't recommend.
Start Your Review of SUNY Buffalo State College
I've had nothing but an amazing experience at Buffalo State College. The Dietetics program is full of knowledgeable inspirational instructors who care about your future every step of the way. I am not involved in campus life because I do not live in campus, but the students who live on campus seem content. Thee are different opportunities to join sororities or frats, clubs, honor societies, etc. As a transfer student this is the best experience I've had at a college.
Buffalo State is good school to attend. The curriculum and professors are good. Housing is very difficult to deal with at this school. They accept too many students for so few spaces available.
I have not yet attend Buffalo State, I will start my first year this fall. Though there I hope to expand my passion for teaching.