SUNY Buffalo State College Reviews

1,312 reviews
The faculty seemed nice enough. They understand the subject matter and communicate it well. Perhaps I'm not the best person to write this, I graduated from Buffalo State in 2008, and my last semester was bad. All I'm saying is, if you want to be an Elementary Education and Reading major at that school, make sure all your professors support you in becoming a teacher.
I love the fact that my counselors are on top of things when I need help. I also love how everyone gets along whether they're from a different city or state. Buffalo State is a great college and I'm glad I was able to attend.
Only thing I would change is maybe the menu, more food choices.
Buffalo State is possibly one of the better SUNY Colleges due to its diverse and fun environment. You interact and network with so many different personalities on a daily basis and you get to know more about many different cultures. The Student Life is also extremely active on campus, there are so many organizations to choose from and they are all fun and exciting. The classes and professors are most times easy and very open to communicate or assist you with anything needed .
Start Your Review of SUNY Buffalo State College
I’m a student athlete at Buffalo State and I like how they try to keep every athletic team close to build an rapport. I have met wonderful staff members that wanted the best for my future & made me work to improve. I would improve the food in retail and dinning halls though . Buffalo State is a good college overall. They have many activities & there is always something interesting going on at Buffalo State. It’s important to communicate and meet new people & opportunities will come in every aspect like internships, joining a club , and much more ... Its average but I appreciate Buffalo State
What I liked about when i visited buffalo is how kind the people where . The dorms are spacious and are really nice . They have great programs .
SUNY buffalo is so much fun , the professors are easy o talk to and care , Even living in the dooms you make lifelong friends and the RA's are always there even if you're scared.
I love the diversity of the school, and the drive our president has for everyone to succeed. I liked how everyone is one community, and there’s a lot of unification with each other. When I️t comes to communication, the professors are always trying their best and make I️t as convenient for the students as possible. The campus is in a good location close to Elmwood village with things to do. The food court could be much better but the retail options are decent. A little overcrowded and can be difficult to get classes.
Buffalo State is so diverse easy to connect makes friends lovely campus. I didn’t even visit the college I was there as an EOP student I thought there was actually more to the college. The vibes on college is so welcoming you forget the food is terrible . When students go home for the break they alwayssss want to come back because of the great people and connections they make with others .
I love this college so much greatest decision I made despite the bad food the parties are amazing as you get higher the dorms are better but other than that lovely .
The campus is in a good location close to elmwood village with things to do. The food court could be much better but the retail options are decent. A little overcrowded and can be difficult to get classes.
I enjoy Buffalo State due to its amount of minority individuals on the campus. The learning there is average, but it is mainly about how you apply yourself. The parties are great as well!
So far Buffalo State is a fun and inclusive school. This is a great experience and I would recommend anyone to this school.
Buffalo State College is a good school academically, and the faculty is very nice. Living on campus is nice because everything is nearby and the dorms are a good size too. Sometimes the dorms can get loud but other than that it is a great place overall.
I transferred to Buffalo State my Junior year and I thought it would be hard to start somewhere new in the middle butt what felt closer to the end of my college career. Once I was there it was the teachers that were very inspiring and helped me become comfortable with my artwork and expressing myself. If i could change something it would probably be upgrading the library and some of the technology at Buffalo state.
I love Buff, so far. My favorite aspect about it would have to be its diversity and how kind the people are here. The administration and stuff are very supportive and great and really care.
The majority of the profs there are highly qualified, dedicated, but poorly-paid adjuncts. (I'm giving it a low rating partly because of that.) I liked the place but I couldn't afford to stay. They treat adjunct faculty badly.
The caliber of students varies wildly from year to year, dept. to dept. 1/3 of students are what we'd normally consider "college material." Another 1/3 struggle, fail, get back up and keep going, w/ a ton of help and tough love from faculty and support staff (though they have to be willing to get and make use of that help). .
The last 1/3 should not be in college at all -- they're not ready, or willing to do the work. Some are behavioral problems. The administration has been cracking down, but they HAVE to find better ways of weeding out the trouble-makers.
The Buff State experience will be what you make of it. Dive in, do the work, and you'll find the gems there.
This school is amazing, so big in diversity. Staff are so welcoming. They offer a variety of student assistant jobs. Variety of school classes and majors.
Start Your Review of SUNY Buffalo State College
I absolutely love how diverse the college is . It has many different clubs and organizations that you can join as well as sport teams. The clubs and organizations are always open to welcoming new people in their group as well as being very active on campus so more people can learn of the group. The teachers are very kind and motivational! The thing I would like to see change at this college is probably some of the food they serve , it can be a bit nasty.
Buffalo State is such a welcoming community. They have so many opportunities for the students to get involved on campus. I'm extremely thankful that I was accepted.
I'm proud to be a Bengal.
I started off at Buffalo State and I was that impressed! I was in classes that I felt would not benefit me. I transferred to another college.