SUNY Alfred State College Reviews

So far so good, people are really helpful! My advisors have been very supportive thus far and very communicative.
This school has helped me with my transition into independence. I met a lot of great friends and professors and would not trade them for anything. I’m proud to say that I plan to marry my sweetheart
Im a freshman, I'm and the football team. The professors the are very helpful have problems. I got tired of the food not a lot to choose from.
Start Your Review of SUNY Alfred State College
I recently graduated from SUNY Alfred State College with a bachelors in Sport Management. Alfred State College provided me with all the assistance I needed when at college and prepared me to join the workforce upon graduation. I pledged a fraternity my freshman year and it was one of the best decisions I made at Alfred as it provided me with some of my best friend and always gave me something to do.
Alfredstate is a small but unique campus. It offers a lot to students and is a good stepping stone into your adult life
The administration, staff and teachers are very friendly and helpful. The instructors take the time to make sure that you have the help that you need to succeed in their classes.
This was my freshman year and I couldn't be happier choosing this college for my degree. Made lots of friends and had some great teachers. Very friendly atmosphere.
I very much enjoy my time at SUNY Alfred. The campus is not only gorgeous, but the facilities on campus have state-of-the-art equipment and the teachers are very experienced in their fields. The housing ranges from adequate to very good, and the campus has very good facilities for food, mental health, clubs and activities, and medical attention if needed.
Great school and a small campus. The professors are nice people and the classes they have to offer are great.
I really liked their Building Construction program. There aren’t many colleges that have this hands on major. I would totally recommend this to anyone wanting to go in this field!
Alfred can be an overall great campus to attend. Some get distracted with the party scene due to it being in a rural area. But there are some who have succeeded well within their programs which lead to awesome job opportunities
After graduation I had my pick of employment!
My salary 2 years after graduation was high 80’s.
They are rebuilding some dorms; there are always improvements being done to the campus!
A great college at a great price!
As an freshman of the 2 year Architecture Program, my education has broadened greatly. It makes me feel more confident in job possibilities, that would me feel secure and happy.
Most of the professors are very experienced and care. Be prepared for lots of homework from some of them. It's overwhelming at first, but it is to your benefit in the long run. I have made several friends just alone in my major and outside of my major. My dorm could be a lot better. They are livable, but old. They are in the process of remodeling the whole MacKenzie complex which is actually awesome so far. It was greatly needed. As far as the partying, you choose to do it or not to do it. As far as location, I was brought up in the country, so if your used to being in the country the location shouldn't be a issue.
It's a nice school. It's gorgeous. Unfortunately, it's far from the nearest town. And the pathways during the winter aren't shoveled well. The food's decent, and they have Taco Bell and Pizza Hut too. If you can, though, stay out of the old parts of Mackenzie Complex.
My first semester at Alfred State was pretty good. The academics is really strong. Most professors are well experienced and care about their students' education. Some dorms are good while some are horrible, and the same with food. So far, people have generally been nice and welcoming. I guess the only problem with Alfred State is how secluded it is from everything. There are a few restaurants and shops right outside campus but any Walmart or MacDonald's is at least sbout 12 miles away, though there are weekly bus trips offered by college.
The main aspect of SUNY Alfred that I enjoyed was that it is a very Social College. There is no way you can't make friends there.
Start Your Review of SUNY Alfred State College
Decent food but only 6 places to eat becomes old halfway through the semester. Most teachers are very competent and understanding. Small class sizes allow students to have a relationship with teachers similar to high school. Free tutoring is available. Students are taught well, people are very friendly, and the campus is safe. Only a few dormitories are sub-par. Overall, this college is very good for anyone seeking a thorough education in their major with many opportunities to land a job where they desire.
Great if you want to party, awful if you don't. A lot of the staff are not actually willing to help you. My major has a decent program together but some professors are very biased and pick favorites. Was also on a sports team but the coach was nearly recruited and refused to listen to advice from the students that partook before he was hired and was rather selfish. I can't wait to finish my last year here and never come back.
Off campus party life is amazing. Majority of the parties dont get shut down, GJ's is the main bar everyone goes too, i usually go to the frat houses first then make my way to the house parties which last like 4 or 5 in the morning. i've definetly have had plenty of nights walking home when the sun came up. Party life can be dull around plegding time but there is still always something to do.