SUNY Alfred State College Reviews

Great if you want to party, awful if you don't. A lot of the staff are not actually willing to help you. My major has a decent program together but some professors are very biased and pick favorites. Was also on a sports team but the coach was nearly recruited and refused to listen to advice from the students that partook before he was hired and was rather selfish. I can't wait to finish my last year here and never come back.
Off campus party life is amazing. Majority of the parties dont get shut down, GJ's is the main bar everyone goes too, i usually go to the frat houses first then make my way to the house parties which last like 4 or 5 in the morning. i've definetly have had plenty of nights walking home when the sun came up. Party life can be dull around plegding time but there is still always something to do.
The atmosphere of Alfred State University is very vibrant and calm. The people are really helpful and respect you like you're family. Alfred state is very technologically advanced while being in a rural area, so you always feel like you are up to the times with everyone else.
Review SUNY Alfred State College
I like the small campus size. But the food on campus gets old and there aren't many club or activities you can be involved in unless you are in a frat or sorority. The professors are so amazing and helpful through your whole journey.
I started off as a transfer student a bit unsure of the school and the young population. The young adults are very productive. The professors are great. They care about the students and are willing to help the students achieve their goals. I personally am in the Nursing program and transferred from another nursing program and couldn't be happier with this college.
I love alfred state. There is always so much going on and all the staff is so supportive. I went Greek and it changed my outlook on Alfred completely. Greek life here is unlike Greek life anywhere else. Go Greek!
More activities to do in the area would be nice, if you dont drive it can get boring around campus after some timw.
Alfred state uses a specific program to register for classes.
Alfred State has a great career center and an alumni network that connects alumni with the Alfred State events and community
Class styles and size are very good. Most of the classes don't have a lot of students and professors are able to personally know you and your weakness and strengths. Professors are willing to help any student with any questions.
Alfred State uses JobLink to connect students with opportunities to get a great job during college and after. Alfred State also has Career Fairs in which many companies and organizations come to meet students and to have interviews with them.
Good curriculum, facilities and also internship/job opportunities for anyone that is open-minded and works hard to live a better future with loved ones.
My overall experience at Alfred State has been amazing. I have been able to meet different people and grow as an individual. Alfred State is unique because there is a balance between hands-on and learning in class. There are just schools that you only read and no hands-on. Alfred State does both and really helps when students go out to get an internship.
Even though i was able to adjust my class schedule to fit my personal and family schedule, time is still very hard to manage because of the distance between buildings.
The classrooms are really cramped and really warm. Although it has easy access for every student to hear the teacher and learn.
This school has a very interactive alumni network that is always willing to go out of their way to help students.
My courses and professors have been great, overall. I have learned much to improve my skills and also learned many different ways to brand my self and get my work noticed. However, certain professors do not care about the students success.
Review SUNY Alfred State College
I like how the school offers a plethora of internships and job opportunities that are all convenient and on campus.
Really get to learn a lot due to being concentrated on your skills to help improve your progress in that major. This is especially good when you are planning to get a career in that field.
Experience is ok, the teachers can be more active.