SUNY Alfred State College Reviews

Alfred is a great college for many reasons. The student body is diverse and the number of clubs and activities allow something for everyone. Some of the dorms are old and could use some upgrades. I think food prep areas should be available to all students within the dorm areas. The professors are usually available to help when needed. The opportunity program is great for students that need some guidance to succeed in their college years.
One of the things that intrigued me about Alfred State College is their small class size. Coming from a small high school in which everyone knows each other, it would be difficult to be at a huge school. I do not want to be a number.
The class sizes are relatively small and the campus is secure and easy to navigate. Everything is pretty local so traveling to get everyday essentials or go out to eat off-campus isn't too much of a hike.
Start Your Review of SUNY Alfred State College
So far so good, people are really helpful! My advisors have been very supportive thus far and very communicative.
This school has helped me with my transition into independence. I met a lot of great friends and professors and would not trade them for anything. I’m proud to say that I plan to marry my sweetheart
Im a freshman, I'm and the football team. The professors the are very helpful have problems. I got tired of the food not a lot to choose from.
I recently graduated from SUNY Alfred State College with a bachelors in Sport Management. Alfred State College provided me with all the assistance I needed when at college and prepared me to join the workforce upon graduation. I pledged a fraternity my freshman year and it was one of the best decisions I made at Alfred as it provided me with some of my best friend and always gave me something to do.
Alfredstate is a small but unique campus. It offers a lot to students and is a good stepping stone into your adult life
The administration, staff and teachers are very friendly and helpful. The instructors take the time to make sure that you have the help that you need to succeed in their classes.
This was my freshman year and I couldn't be happier choosing this college for my degree. Made lots of friends and had some great teachers. Very friendly atmosphere.
I very much enjoy my time at SUNY Alfred. The campus is not only gorgeous, but the facilities on campus have state-of-the-art equipment and the teachers are very experienced in their fields. The housing ranges from adequate to very good, and the campus has very good facilities for food, mental health, clubs and activities, and medical attention if needed.
Great school and a small campus. The professors are nice people and the classes they have to offer are great.
I really liked their Building Construction program. There aren’t many colleges that have this hands on major. I would totally recommend this to anyone wanting to go in this field!
Alfred can be an overall great campus to attend. Some get distracted with the party scene due to it being in a rural area. But there are some who have succeeded well within their programs which lead to awesome job opportunities
After graduation I had my pick of employment!
My salary 2 years after graduation was high 80’s.
They are rebuilding some dorms; there are always improvements being done to the campus!
A great college at a great price!
As an freshman of the 2 year Architecture Program, my education has broadened greatly. It makes me feel more confident in job possibilities, that would me feel secure and happy.
Most of the professors are very experienced and care. Be prepared for lots of homework from some of them. It's overwhelming at first, but it is to your benefit in the long run. I have made several friends just alone in my major and outside of my major. My dorm could be a lot better. They are livable, but old. They are in the process of remodeling the whole MacKenzie complex which is actually awesome so far. It was greatly needed. As far as the partying, you choose to do it or not to do it. As far as location, I was brought up in the country, so if your used to being in the country the location shouldn't be a issue.
Start Your Review of SUNY Alfred State College
It's a nice school. It's gorgeous. Unfortunately, it's far from the nearest town. And the pathways during the winter aren't shoveled well. The food's decent, and they have Taco Bell and Pizza Hut too. If you can, though, stay out of the old parts of Mackenzie Complex.
My first semester at Alfred State was pretty good. The academics is really strong. Most professors are well experienced and care about their students' education. Some dorms are good while some are horrible, and the same with food. So far, people have generally been nice and welcoming. I guess the only problem with Alfred State is how secluded it is from everything. There are a few restaurants and shops right outside campus but any Walmart or MacDonald's is at least sbout 12 miles away, though there are weekly bus trips offered by college.
The main aspect of SUNY Alfred that I enjoyed was that it is a very Social College. There is no way you can't make friends there.