SUNY Adirondack Community College Reviews

Highly qualified and engaged staff of mostly professors with their doctorate in their area of study. Small school, big education!
Every part of the college professors financial aid have to speak to each other about everyone’s best interest
The classes at this college are bearable, while some of the teachers are actually good, the bureaucracy is terrible. The school website is always down for maintenance or changing, the meal plans sometimes glitch and won't let you eat, it takes almost a month for grades to be posted. The phone system doesn't work, and I have witnessed a teacher screaming at a student for looking at her phone in class. I would not recommend this college
Start Your Review of SUNY Adirondack Community College
Wonderful Radio and TV Broadcasting program! Very hands on, high tech equipment, and experienced & helpful instructors. Small classes so you don't just learn, you practice and master skills.
The teachers are great they push me and they always trying to get to know there students. THE DORMS IS BEAUTIFUL AND IT A GREAT EXPERIENCE ‼️
Most teachers give good opportunities to help students, along with office hours and other students to help in the library. Office administration and office workers are for the most part helpful. The financial aid office doesn't tend to answer to emails, but if you go to the office they do help.
My experience and SUNY Adirondack has been great I have made lots of new friends and the professors are very nice and kind.
NO ONE knows what they are doing or how to help students. Advisement will only push you through the courses you need but god forbid you stray from their preset path or want to ask question because they wont know how to help. Ask 5 people the same question get 5 different answers. Ask the SAME person the same question 5 time and get 5 different answers. The offices dont even know they are in charge of things. I once went to the billing office to take care of a problem and they said i needed the registrars office. That office sent me to financial aid who sent me BACK to the registrars who told me to go to billing who finally addressed the issue because it WAS billing i needed and after they took "care" of it they didnt even do it right!!!!
I love SUNY Adirondack. I have been taking classes at this school for years prior to entering a program and I just truly enjoy all aspects of the college. The professors are great and really take the opportunity to get to know their students. The class sizes are relatively small and you are able to therefore get the more personalized experience you may need. The campus is in close quarters so it is easy to go from class to class.
SUNY Adirondack blew away my expectations for a community college. It is extremely student oriented and has a mass array of majors to get you ready for a four year school. The tuition is very reasonable and if you take advantage of student activities, you'll have a great time. However, i do not recommend living in the dorms...SUNY ADK is best for commuters.
While SUNY Adirondack has a nearly unprecedented curriculum rigor for a community college, the lack of community dynamic and comradery between students in isolating.
They are always willing to help people with anxiety and depression such as myself. The staff are highly understanding and easy to work with. The professors are great when you are turning in assignments and you need extra help are willing to put in the effort to help you get the good grades so that you can graduate successfully. The only thing I would like to see change is there should be more online courses offered.
It's very inclosed. In the middle of no where. You're probably never leave campus unless you have a car.
This is a very unique school and very diverse. They also have an excellent sports program including softball.
Multiple campuses incase you live closer to another one, there is a lot of things around the campus to go out and do with friends. There is always activities around the campus to do. there is a security office that is opens at all hours if you need help with anything or you feel threatened. Along with that there are RA's at all hours of the night available to help with noise complaints. Always many sports events going on to go and cheer on your fellow peers and have all the school spirit that you want, you wont be the only one.
The school itself isn't a bad option to save money, but it does not provide the college expirence. The teachers are good because they care but the school lacks challenging or advanced courses.
SUNY Adirondack was a great community for learning that is great for participating full time or part time. The teachers are dedicated and very willing to help. This school provides many useful courses that can be easily transferred to a four year school. My experience there was very positive.
Start Your Review of SUNY Adirondack Community College
SUNY Adirondack is very small which makes everyone have lots of close friends and everyone in general feels at home.
Large updated buildings with clean facilities. Food facilities are very, very good, professors make time for their students, and class sizes allow for adequate learning.
The professors at SUNY Adirondack are wonderful, but there are definitely ones to stay away from. I check RMP before I register for classes, which has been beneficial. While I enjoy the academics, I cannot give this school five stars. Those who work in departments other than education are not the most delightful. I have met some polite people in these departments, but overall my mood usually declines.

There were also issues with my degree requirements. SUNY had changed the specific requirements, without letting me know, and my plan had to be altered. I found this very unprofessional since I was not once contacted about this. I found out this information myself. Other than this, and one other credit issue minor compared to the first one, SUNY Adirondack provided me a great start. I have learned many invaluable things, both inside and outside the classroom, about the world and myself. I will be forever grateful for all I have learned, and I will definitely miss being a student here.