Sul Ross State University Reviews

It's a very nice and quiet college with teachers who are, for the most part, very interested in helping all of us achieve our goals and move forward. The only thing that is bothering me is the lack of staff. Unfortunately, Alpine is a very small town (as picturesque as it is) pretty much out in the middle of nowhere. This means they have few students and even fewer teachers. I don't mind the small amounts of students, but the shortage of teachers really annoys me because that means that they pretty much only have one teacher for each class, so if that teacher decides they don't want to do a class, the students are stuck waiting for another semester, or maybe even another year for the teacher to teach it again. This is very frustrating as I want to finish college and get my bachelors as soon as I can, but the schools lack of teachers means that if for whatever reason one teacher can't teach the class, then I would have to wait an entire year to see that class again.
Sul Ross is a beautiful campus with small classes and great professors. The one-on-one teacher to student education is outstanding.
My Sul Ross experience has been amazing I am an education major that has accomplished so many things. This student to Professor ratio is amazing and the classes are small enough where the professors actually get to know you
Start Your Review of Sul Ross State University
The campus itself is absolutely beautiful and everyone that i have been in contact with are so helpful. I plan on playing softball and my coach is a great person. Definitely one of the best places I have ever been to.
It is an amazing school! It is great for my field of study, as well as different people or different places. Professors are great at teaching and helping students learn the material. There is the one on one teacher, student ratio that helps the students learn better. Campus is beautiful and has amazing weather. I am on my own but not too far from home. I have made friends that are becoming family and they are my family here at Sul Ross.
Dorms aren't very great. Signal is terrible. Their website always goes down. Food isn't good. But the school is in a good location.
I attended Sul Ross in 1998, right after high school. I did not complete my studies and after 18 years decided to go back. I do not live in Alpine and moving back was not an option. They have a great online program and have been very accommodating. They made it easy for me to go back and finish what I started.
Sul Ross was an awesome school to visit but to go here is hard. You are about an hour away from the nearest Walmart. the people in town are very nice but the students on campus and in the dorms tend to be a little too rowdy. On the other hand if you are looking for a high easy GPA for your basics then this is for you.
Great school. Some professors don't like student athletes others are willing to work with you. Really small town lacking some a lot of options but great community feel if you love small towns.
I really enjoy this school. I have been here going on 4 years now and I can't imagine being at any other undergrad school. I have learned a lot and I have enjoyed my overall experience here!
Sul Ross is a small school but that means that you get to know your classmates and they get to know you.
One of the many things that I like about SRSU is that you can have a lot of one on one time with the professors. That was one of the main things that really drew me to SRSU. With that being said the professors are really understanding and they are willing to work with you. The campus itself is amazing, with beautiful scenery and the company of some wildlife. The students here are also very open to making new friends and it is rare that you find someone who does not talk to anybody.
Sul Ross State University is a great college. It’s small size and supportive staff foster character building and academic success in the student body. The rural, small town, historic atmosphere of the Big Bend Region are a great backdrop for students who enjoy th outdoors. I highly recommend Sul Ross!
Thus far, I have had a great experience with Sul Ross. The teachers are very knowledgeable is in their fields and display this in the classroom. I am taking part in a distance learning program Midland College. This provides a great education at a great price without me having to relocate.
My semester here at SRSU has been very good to me. They make sure you are taken care of and give you all the help you need. Transitioning to college was not difficult because srsu makes you feel welcomed and secured.
The campus is beautiful. Everyone is so friendly and always willing to help and make you feel comfortable.
This year it's my third year at Sul Ross State University. Since it's a small college the teachers pay more attention to the students. Everyone is real nice, the teachers help a lot on their office hours and even after office hours. It's a quite campus in which you can study in the outdoors.
Start Your Review of Sul Ross State University
Students & Professors are super nice! This school has a strong agricultural ranching program. Many students are future ranchers, horse breeders, rodeo ranchers. The location is extremely isolated with a two hour no cell coverage drive to the nearest Walmart. The local area is a Texas tourist destination as Sul Ross is next to Big Bend National (Desert) park, the Marfa Space Alien Lights, Marfa Fine Arts District, the famous Terlingua Chili Cookoff, McDonald Observatory and miles of Texas Desert. The town caters to students that make up 1/2 the population. This is a lovely place to live if you don't shop much & like sunset old west vistas. Restaurant are barely edible stick with the Sul Ross Cafeteria or cook. If you have a good air conditioned car there are a lot of fun Desert Tourist locations to visit.
Sul Ross has offered everything I wanted and more for my college experience. The campus is big enough in which I keep finding new interesting places to hang out or study, but is small enough to where it is very comfortable and familiar, unlike those gigantic colleges that seem as though they were a city of their own.
For food, both the University and the town it resides in, are very generous. In town, across from the school are the fast food joints and a local food pantry. In the school cafeteria, the staff is very friendly as they remember our names and even make certain sauces if you ask them to.
Sul Ross and Alpine, the town it is in, are simply astounding for me. Homesickness has still not reached the level I expected it to be because of how the environment is so cozy. I can truly say that I am happy.
I am happy going to college. This college.
Sul Ross State University offers a top-notch education with a small town feel. Faculty are leaders in their areas of expertise. The University offers degree programs that lead to advanced careers. A great rodeo school too!