Sul Ross State University Reviews

Great school. Some professors don't like student athletes others are willing to work with you. Really small town lacking some a lot of options but great community feel if you love small towns.
I really enjoy this school. I have been here going on 4 years now and I can't imagine being at any other undergrad school. I have learned a lot and I have enjoyed my overall experience here!
Sul Ross is a small school but that means that you get to know your classmates and they get to know you.
Start Your Review of Sul Ross State University
One of the many things that I like about SRSU is that you can have a lot of one on one time with the professors. That was one of the main things that really drew me to SRSU. With that being said the professors are really understanding and they are willing to work with you. The campus itself is amazing, with beautiful scenery and the company of some wildlife. The students here are also very open to making new friends and it is rare that you find someone who does not talk to anybody.
Sul Ross State University is a great college. It’s small size and supportive staff foster character building and academic success in the student body. The rural, small town, historic atmosphere of the Big Bend Region are a great backdrop for students who enjoy th outdoors. I highly recommend Sul Ross!
Thus far, I have had a great experience with Sul Ross. The teachers are very knowledgeable is in their fields and display this in the classroom. I am taking part in a distance learning program Midland College. This provides a great education at a great price without me having to relocate.
My semester here at SRSU has been very good to me. They make sure you are taken care of and give you all the help you need. Transitioning to college was not difficult because srsu makes you feel welcomed and secured.
The campus is beautiful. Everyone is so friendly and always willing to help and make you feel comfortable.
This year it's my third year at Sul Ross State University. Since it's a small college the teachers pay more attention to the students. Everyone is real nice, the teachers help a lot on their office hours and even after office hours. It's a quite campus in which you can study in the outdoors.
Students & Professors are super nice! This school has a strong agricultural ranching program. Many students are future ranchers, horse breeders, rodeo ranchers. The location is extremely isolated with a two hour no cell coverage drive to the nearest Walmart. The local area is a Texas tourist destination as Sul Ross is next to Big Bend National (Desert) park, the Marfa Space Alien Lights, Marfa Fine Arts District, the famous Terlingua Chili Cookoff, McDonald Observatory and miles of Texas Desert. The town caters to students that make up 1/2 the population. This is a lovely place to live if you don't shop much & like sunset old west vistas. Restaurant are barely edible stick with the Sul Ross Cafeteria or cook. If you have a good air conditioned car there are a lot of fun Desert Tourist locations to visit.
Sul Ross has offered everything I wanted and more for my college experience. The campus is big enough in which I keep finding new interesting places to hang out or study, but is small enough to where it is very comfortable and familiar, unlike those gigantic colleges that seem as though they were a city of their own.
For food, both the University and the town it resides in, are very generous. In town, across from the school are the fast food joints and a local food pantry. In the school cafeteria, the staff is very friendly as they remember our names and even make certain sauces if you ask them to.
Sul Ross and Alpine, the town it is in, are simply astounding for me. Homesickness has still not reached the level I expected it to be because of how the environment is so cozy. I can truly say that I am happy.
I am happy going to college. This college.
Sul Ross State University offers a top-notch education with a small town feel. Faculty are leaders in their areas of expertise. The University offers degree programs that lead to advanced careers. A great rodeo school too!
So far going to school at Sul Ross is amazing, the teachers are just great and are always ready to help. Everyone from students to teachers are very exceptional, willing to help, and easy to make friends here. Sul Ross itself is a school full of history, and the sceanory around the school is something you would find in a beautiful painting. The town of Alpine may seem small and boring to some, but to others its a great town with many sights to see. If I had to think about one thing the school could change it would have to be that, the school should build a school bar. Where students after midterms and finals can blow off some steam by enjoying a nice cold glass of whiskey, and perhaps a smooth cuban cigar.
To begin the Campus is not such a big campus in my opinion its way better for any student to go to a campus where you can get a one on one with the professor. I went on a tour and its such a different world you don't have your mall your big places but places where people like me are filled with adventures. You don't need to have to travel across the world for it to be an adventure. I truly think people also can get away its a great opportunity to just focus on school , just worried about school. I'm a Student-Athlete and the way the coach and professors welcome you is so great everyone is really kind and outgoing.
Sul Ross State University is a small university but it helps to keep you out of trouble. It is a beautiful town and there are very friendly people. Overall the classes are based on how you pay attention and follow directions. It is not difficult at all as long as you do what you are supposed to. However, if you feel like you would want to go to college out of town then Sul Ross is the best University to come to for out of college experience. What I would like to see change is for the town to expand a lot more. I feel like there is a lot of free space in Alpine to create a lot of things to get people out of their houses and even students out of their dorms.
The honest truth is Sul Ross State University is their retention rate only 28% of the students who attend graduate. Furthermore, in most of the graduate study programs, most of the professors have only master degrees except for the department chair and one associate professor. In comparison to other programs in TX such as Texas Tech, UTEP, etc. courses in the graduate studies are taught by professors with doctorate degrees. Future students beware before investing your time and money. Future employers know the statistics on most universities this makes a difference on whether or not you get a job.
I like Sul Ross State University. I like the fact as a student I truly feel my teachers care about me and my grades. And, rather than a number assigned to their room. They actually bother to learn my name. Most of my professors recognize me on Campus, and can even have a friendly chat with me about my class. The coursework is fair, and what you put into it is what you earn. A couple negative things I would say about Sul Ross is it's atmosphere, and Students. It's atmosphere is a issue, for a school in the middle of no where, to me, it should be more lively. My friends and I love it when the music students come out and play songs on request, or if the theatre club did a comedy act in front of the cafeteria. And the students (well, some.) are a issue. If you are a sports atlethe, good for you. If you're someone who likes knocking on random people's doors at 2 am and run away, you're kinda the person and people im directing this at. All in All, Sul Ross State University is worth it.
Start Your Review of Sul Ross State University
At SUL ROSS STATE UNIVERSITY, you are important! I am entering my second semester freshman year and can't wait to return! Instructors are knowledgable, caring, and make you feel like family. They take care of us there! I had an incident where I was careflighted to a major hospital and was amazed at how my instructors checked on me! They knew and they cared! This is the way they instruct too...they are knowlegable and care about your success as an individual!! I can't wait to se how far I go in life with the help of SRSU! Great university!!!
I love being able to walk from one end of campus to the other end in a matter of 5 minutes. I love having classes that pertain to a max of maybe 30 students. I love having professors who are reachable and who know my name. I really wouldn't change anything about the college.
Great environment and great people i love how its located in a small town because everyone there knows each other and the fact that the teacher have small classes that they can actually have time for you and help you with every thing you need help with