High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.29 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.30 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.30 responses
Most Popular Majors
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies55 Graduates
Business Administration and Management53 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science37 Graduates
Liberal Arts and Humanities30 Graduates
Animal Sciences and Husbandry25 Graduates
Natural Resource Management16 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.32 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.34 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.22 responses
Sul Ross State University Reviews
It is an amazing school! It is great for my field of study, as well as different people or different places. Professors are great at teaching and helping students learn the material. There is the one on one teacher, student ratio that helps the students learn better. Campus is beautiful and has amazing weather. I am on my own but not too far from home. I have made friends that are becoming family and they are my family here at Sul Ross.
Students & Professors are super nice! This school has a strong agricultural ranching program. Many students are future ranchers, horse breeders, rodeo ranchers. The location is extremely isolated with a two hour no cell coverage drive to the nearest Walmart. The local area is a Texas tourist destination as Sul Ross is next to Big Bend National (Desert) park, the Marfa Space Alien Lights, Marfa Fine Arts District, the famous Terlingua Chili Cookoff, McDonald Observatory and miles of Texas Desert. The town caters to students that make up 1/2 the population. This is a lovely place to live if you don't shop much & like sunset old west vistas. Restaurant are barely edible stick with the Sul Ross Cafeteria or cook. If you have a good air conditioned car there are a lot of fun Desert Tourist locations to visit.
Sul Ross State University is a great college. It’s small size and supportive staff foster character building and academic success in the student body. The rural, small town, historic atmosphere of the Big Bend Region are a great backdrop for students who enjoy th outdoors. I highly recommend Sul Ross!