Stephen F Austin State University Reviews

2,428 reviews
When I visited this campus in February 2018, I was really surprised buy how big and calm this campus was in a small town like Nacogdoches, TX. I really enjoyed seeing the dorm rooms in person and how everything was close together so you could get to class without having to worry about being late. I also really like the food variety they serve at this campus, better than the food they serve at my high school. Overall, really good campus to visit and I recommend applying here for the fall semester of your first year and staying for all of your 4 years in college. Axe Em Jacks!
I think SFA sits right in the middle when choosing colleges. There are places I can think of where I’d rather go, but also places I’d rather not go. Good luck living with the strict rules and thin walls, as well as bad cafeteria food. However, it is a good distance from my hometown, where I’m independent but it’s also easy to visit. Also, I have been presented with opportunities that I wouldn’t have had otherwise. I don’t know how I feel about SFA and I probably never will, but I don’t think I’d recommend it.
I love all of the nature on campus. It is beautiful. I think SFA should have more organizations to get involved on campus.
Start Your Review of Stephen F Austin State University
I am currently a senior in high school. However, I did go to visit the campus earlier this year. My experience at the campus was amazing. The environment and atmosphere let me know that this was the university I wanted to go to.
Mediocre educational opportunities. Fails in the areas of diversity and commitment to academic achievement. Repetitive coursework that provides no real substance for a future career.
it was one of the most beautiful university i have ever visited and it has one of the best campus. the swimming pool they have was so cool and the statue. it was mostly countryside with very cool palm tree and the people there were so nice.
Great college, Beautiful campus, very good student/professor ratio, I have no complaints at all. I would definently recommend this school to anyone who may be considering attending.
I love how the campus. I love how many different options they provide for students. I also love how easy it is to receive help here, everything is so convenient.
Nacogdoches is very much a small town with not much to do. However, the students and staff are some of the nicest people you will ever meet and the professors really do care about your success. As a lumberjack, you will never just be a number.
I love it here the teachers are great the campus is really pretty and it usually really quite so I really enjoy it here. The food suck but that’s okay I guess
This is my first choice school and I am glad that I became a Lumberjack. This school is so small its impossible to get lost. I love how the campus is really in touch with nature and how the class sizes are small so professors really get to know you. There is not a whole lot of diversity and would love for the school to promote the different diverse clubs that the school offers. Most professors have office hours where you can come in and ask for help if the student doe not understand the material in class or homework. There are multiple different resources that the school offers when it comes to academic help. For example, Student Instructors are like tutors for that class for the professors, the AARC is a tutoring center where anyone can come in and get help and many more. The traditions are my favorite here at SFA. I love the color purple and I love how the student association club really gets students to involve with the schoo.
SFASU is a very safe and fun campus. It has a lot of activities and event going on year-round, great atmosphere, good reputation and a overall good school to attend at a great tuition price.
The professors at Stephen F. Austin are very nice & helpful. The food is also great as well. I felt welcomed when I first came to campus & hope others will feel the same way as well when they first arrive.
I have just finished Summer II and the college went out of their way to make my 1st year there a great success
Stephen F Austin is a great school full of variety in its academics, professors, campus amenities, dining options, etc.
I was a freshman in the college and it was fine. I decided to transfer though because they made it seem like it was impossible to get into their nursing school, which was what i was studying.
SFA is a great university. The professors for the most part care about the student if they apply themselves to doing better. They challenge the student to do better and make new goals for themselves.
Start Your Review of Stephen F Austin State University
SFA is a small campus with a lot of opportunities to get to know your professors. Networking is easy and courses are average.
SFASU has a beautiful campus with pretty azealea flowers everywhere and tall trees. It’s a small campus and you can walk from one end to the other pretty smoothly. The student center is very nice and is kept clean. Some of the buildings are getting old especially out dorms. I enjoy hammocking and going to Banita Creek Hall to dance, but it would be nice if there were more places to eat and places (bars, etc.) to hang out. You can make a 30 minute drive to Lufkin where they have an HEB, Target, Cheddars, etc. I would STRONGLY recommend SFA!
I spent 3 years at SFA and had such a blast. The on and off campus living is great. All my favorite places to eat were in walkable distance, and the class sizes were small enough to where I felt like I got personalized attention when needed, but could also hide in the back if I wanted to.