Stanford University Reviews

1,090 reviews
A truly unique school that has a great balance of social, academic, and athletic capacities. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
Stanford has afforded me the opportunity to explore who I am as an aspiring science researcher, and given me great and numerous free opportunities to get involved with events both on and off of campus, fun and academic alike.
Stanford offers a great number of majors, and with a beautiful campus and high end resources to boot, it makes sense why so many want to go there. But considering the issues with their application process and how it wrongfully denies applicants' credit cards as invalid (including mine) I would not be surprised if many great minds wasted their time applying here as I have.
Review Stanford University
Stanford is a place of innovation. Improvements are constantly made to the school. It's easy to make connections with faculty. Since most undergraduates live on campus, it's easy to meet up with friends for meals and visit each others' dorms. The weather is terrific. You can take any class and be any major you want.
The campus is beautiful, the food is amazing, the people are incredible. Stanford is the only place I can see myself being and growing. However, their financial aid policy is complete nonsense. So many people I know are having difficulties or are taking leaves because the school is in no way accommodating.
Stanford University is one of the most beautiful schools I have ever seen, it is filled with an academic auora that undeniably present. It is campus friendly and provides a safe unit for the students. It has caused major drive on incoming freshman and allowed them to feel welcome and make them want to come to such an outrageous school. The amount of respect and title Stanford holds should live up to it, and it sure does. Stanford University is one of the most beautiful campuses I have ever seen and every student is lucky to have the opportunity to go to such an outstanding, academically successful school.
Stanford is a beautiful campus with excellent facilities and lots of truly accomplished professors. You'll be in awe simply biking to and from class. Other aspects of Stanford didn't turn out to be quite the paradise I expected, but it is still a quality experience overall. Be happy if you get in, but don't sweat over it too much if you don't.
The campus is amazing, the community is amazing, the academics and clubs are amazing. The campus is beautiful and the community within the school is so diverse. You can find people from all over the world in a single campus. As for academics, the facilities are top-notch and the professors do well in teaching their respective subjects, granted that the courses are still quite difficult. Lastly, there are so many clubs and activities going on that no one will ever be bored or alone on campus.
It's impossible to get any better than this. It has everything you could possibly want out of your college experience and more. Stanford is the total package.
I have grown up loving and supporting Stanford University. Both my parents are alumni and I was born in the Stanford Medical Center. Ever since I was little I have been amazed at the campus and atmosphere of Stanford. The welcoming community and supportive staff are integral to the feeling of family at the university.
In Stanford, collaboration comes before competition. Once you have proved worthy of being in Stanford, it is not about what grades you receive and how you are better than someone else purely in academics, but about how you reach out for different experiences, how you enrich yourself with multi-disciplinary research activities, how you participate in year round activities on campus and help each other out in academics. It isn't how much you know, it is how well you use what you know. It doesn't matter what field you are in, Stanford will give you the holistic experience of studying in a University that no one else can. Don't be afraid to apply, I was very afraid, but I took the leap and here I am.
I loved my four years at Stanford. I got to be in class with people from across the University. Stanford does a great job of creating ways for people to learn in interdisciplinary ways, which I found extremely valuable.
Weather is fantastic most of the time. The campus is so huge its impossible not to exercise (bike is a must have just to get from class to class). The recent alcohol policy has done little to change campus culture.
Stanford has wonderful professors, a wide variety of challenging courses, and a stunningly beautiful campus. It is extremely expensive but thus far, I have always received sizeable aid.
The professors are super interesting and the students are so welcoming and friendly. The campus is beautiful, but it can be a bit overwhelming. What needs to change though, is the university's silence in the growing number of sexual assault cases.
I've really enjoyed Stanford so far.
Academics are certainly challenging, but rewarding, and students usually aren't excessively stressed about grades.
Professors are, for the most part, incredibly knowledgeable and care about students, but there are some (particularly those teaching intro classes) who could use some improvement.
The local area can be a bit expensive and far away (especially without a car).
Currently, the administration is facing a lot of criticism about the school's handling of sexual assault. It's not the best situation, but a lot of the criticism also comes from Stanford's own professors and students, so I do still feel relatively safe and supported on campus.
The Stanford campus is beautiful and is filled with many amazing people and opportunities. My sister attends and loves her professors.
Review Stanford University
As a Latinx student at a predominantly liberal school, I have friends and communities available to me that provide a bubble of like-minded people. This bubble is a blessing and a curse. I enjoy knowing I can rely on a vast amount of people for support at any time, but I yearn to actually address what divides American communities in the first place. After having a class about war and being taught by a funny, easy-going, conservative professor, I realized the university as a whole could benefit from promoting more conversation and dialogue that can help with America's ideological divide. I attend one of the country's greatest universities, and believe we could do more to move the country forward.
Stanford offers an overwhelming (in a good way) number of opportunities for internships, doing research with professors, ways to get involved in student government, activism, and clubs, and ways to meet people.
Stanford is my home. I love the intellectual environment here. I feel close to so many of my peers, and it's going to be hard to leave.